The L.C.A.B. / THT Transfer Window Thread ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do football clubs work then.
I was silly enough to think that they looked at a players performance over a number of weeks months etc.
We all know that it will be Moyse who will pick the player but as fans we are allowed to say who we would like to be at our club.
Surprised that your reading this thread,maybe you just need a bit of down time and need to escape from reality,after all Moyse will hardly come on here and say who he is interested in and what kind of a lad he is.

This thread is actually just for that - only it won't be Moyesie (I assume thats not you LCAB!) and it wont be until after the deal is done. If you want gossip and rumours there are plenty of toher threads for that on here as well.
The LCAB / THT thread is for them to post stuff as and when it happens - not particularly to discuss any Juan, Dirk or Henri that people see elsewhere.

He did have a serious injury and was out for a long time with that. Seemed like he was improving in the last couple of games he played for us to me. There's no denying he can score goals, he's the only striker to have scored over 20 in a season for us since Lineker so he can't be as awful as you're making out. Consistantly scored goals for 3 different clubs in the Premier league.

2002–03 Portsmouth First Division 14 7
2003–04 Premier League 36 16
2004–05 30 13
2005–06 Middlesbrough Premier League 34 13
2006–07 37 12
2007–08 2 0
2007–08 Everton Premier League 31 15
2008–09 14 4
2009–10 25 5
2010–11 12 1
2010-11 Leicester City Championship 2 2

Wouldn't call that a terrible record compared to anyone we're likely to get on loan and be able to afford.

I've loved the Yak over his time with us, but just lookin at your stats fella, the drop-off in since 2008-9 is dramatic. He simply isn't producing it any more at this level (also remember his world cup performance - and THAT miss?). We really need a proven finisher - imagine a Berbatov or (dare I say it) a Torres in our line-up! Saha has the quality but not the consistency.

This might be the most frustrating transfer window yet!
I find it no different to any other window,always hoping we get some one,been linked with every man and his dog while watching players leave and been Disappointed when we get no one while every one else signs someone,will be sitting in front of the tv,here etc right till the last minute hoping we somehow pull something out the bag.

The LCAB / THT thread is for them to post stuff as and when it happens - not particularly to discuss any Juan, Dirk or Henri that people see elsewhere.
in that case, I wish that only they could post to the thread - it would save trawling page & page to find nothing has happened!

This thread is actually just for that - only it won't be Moyesie (I assume thats not you LCAB!) and it wont be until after the deal is done. If you want gossip and rumours there are plenty of toher threads for that on here as well.

I stand corrected.WOW 188 pages of transfers and I thought we didn't sign anyone yet.:eek::p(Apart from the young lad from Portugal).
Frustrations running high guess it has to be Jan transfer fever.:)

Well it depends on how you define the word "striker" really....... Anichebe, Saha, Beckford, Baxter, Silva???, The other French one (more left winger), Cahill, Fellaini (please no!!!)

James Vaughan just posted on his twitter that he has signed for Palace

Yeah he's gone today ! Was gonna post before but I'm getting quite depressed so couldn't get any enthusiasm to post it !!!

Just to re-iterate , we have NO MONEY !! At the moment I could list 10 players we want but it makes no difference ! Keane is not coming at the moment because they want money ! Mbokani was never coming because he doesn't qualify for a work permit ! Kranjcar too dear !! Any others !???

Soz like but it needed saying ! Now get your acts together and force Bullshine out of our club !!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.