The Greatest ever Goodison game?.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4-4 against the RS for me, not laying down to a very good RS team was special.

Even though we never won that night we broke them [swear word] and although they've fluked a few trophys along the way they've never looked a force since then.

Dukla Prague and Fortuna Sitaard?

Has to be Bayern Munich.
The atmosphere was unique.
Phenomenal even.
I know those days are over now - we don't hate the Germans like we used to. But there was a lot more than just Bayern munich to beat that night. The adrenaline all around goodison park turned the crowd into this roaring beast.

Everton 4 Sunderland 1
The best 90 minute performance I've ever seen from an Everton team, conceded in the first minute and then battered the opposition with a real swagger. Peter Reid was like Zidane and Messi that day. Last years derby isn't a bad shout, but the one we lost 2-3 in 86 sticks out for me for the second half onslaught we produced from 0-3. The clown in their net produced a couple of worldies to keep us from getting a point. Oh for a forward line now of Linaker, Sharp and Heath.

Well I can only go back to 2004-05. So 2-0 Fiorentina for me. The whole stadium just felt alive. Dammit Frey.

The best 90 minute performance I've ever seen from an Everton team, conceded in the first minute and then battered the opposition with a real swagger. Peter Reid was like Zidane and Messi that day. Last years derby isn't a bad shout, but the one we lost 2-3 in 86 sticks out for me for the second half onslaught we produced from 0-3. The clown in their net produced a couple of worldies to keep us from getting a point. Oh for a forward line now of Linaker, Sharp and Heath.
I was tempted tp add a list of games we didn't win and that one was defo going in. 2 of the best teams in the world at the time. Bloody Dalglish scored one of the best goals I've ever seen against us in the first minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.