The Great Man : MOYES

Status
Not open for further replies.
True to say Moyes is a great manger and manger who continues to grow! My only worry is that the club can grow and match his ambition and come up with the answers to the wuestions he asks of them!

True to say Moyes is a great manger and manger who continues to grow! My only worry is that the club can grow and match his ambition and come up with the answers to the wuestions he asks of them!

I have come close to that fear also buddy. The only thing that pushes those fears away is that every aspect of the club is growing in unison(first team, youth, Ladies(my love for the Unitt)). Everton does not work without Moyes and Moyes does not work without the honour/destiny that is Everton.

Neiler, transpose your sig to an end of the season prediction"Joey Barton free"

To be honest hon, outside of his lucky escape from relegation I have always been a strong backer of the ginger ninja. (this is not a brag/boast). I can fully understand why people questioned him at first, and people like yourself that openly admit their initial fears (and the fact that they have been changed) is a testament to the whole club. Moyes is the prime example of the way he is culturing this club.
He openly admits that he has been learning everyday since he took over, and I like the way he telegraphs that attitude. Mikel, Skippy, joleon, Ossie, maybe even Hibbert, manny, maybe even Timmy"drink, arse"howard, have all had to learn what being a full time prem player is all about. Moyes has lead by example and always said that he is in school every day and he will never stop learning his trade. He has instilled that belief in our players and they are more than willing to be open minded and never stop learning. Even P.Neville has admitted he is learning the game all over again. He no longer expects decisions(as he did previous with manure), he believes that you make your own destiny and never rely on luck. This attitude and work rate will be Moyes's legacy. If he keeps it up he will surpass the both Caterrick and Kendall dynasties.

In a nutshell. he has constantly stepped up to the mark when he has to, and learnt from his mistakes(the [Poor language removed] up against spurs last season was a hard lesson for him), and is honest to admit when he screws up. But he only makes the same mistake once. Once again, the team have been infected with this honest attitude. This man has no ceiling to his potential.

We are lucky to have a gem like this. He has unearthed a treasure trove of talent and I believe can step up a few more gears in the years to come.

Basically, Bluelass. I hear you and I totally back you.
very good post apart from "his lucky escape from relegation" - ??

I never really doubted Moyes, tbh, and used to feel embarrassed at people calling for his replacement.

As soon as I heard Fergie wanted him as his number two (before he joined us) I thought we should have him, and when we were doing badly, I could never think of another manager who I wanted to replace Moyes with (although I suppose I did consider the available options :p )

I am hoping Moyes is another Fergie, sticks with one club and makes us unbeatable. Some weeks it looks like he's nearly there!

I've always thought Moyes was a good manager.

I thought so since about 3 games into his reign, when Blomqvist came off in a strop and threw a bottle on the ground and sat down on the bench, Moyes turned round, leaned over him and told him off, 2 months later he was released.

He gets slated for being a ditherer, especially this summer, when we'd only signed Pienaar and Jags, whilst supposed targets Smith, Nugent and Barton went elsewhere, yet when we look now at which transfers have worked out, we see he's definately done better.

The season we finished 17th we were undergoing transition and there was the unsettling media hype around Rooney, so that didn't affect my opinion of him.

Quite why people were calling for Moyes' head after the Spurs game was beyond me. The actual substitution was effectively midfielder for a tired midfielder, and we only narrowly lost to a European rival, so I felt it was very knee-jerk, possibly influenced by Liverpool's result against Barcelona.

He's young, has learnt fast, has been a success at both us and Preston, has outdone more experienced managers with less funds and has created a team in his image, hard working commited winners with a growing flair side. I have every confidence in him, and expect him to continue building the team into a trophy winning team.

Done an immense job considering we dont have a righ foreign sugar daddy throwing money into us. He's assembled a decent side painstakingly and showed himself to be an excellent manager.

I think Moyes has done an unbelieveable job of turning the club round. A bit of relative stability in the boardroom and a patient support have helped.

I truly hope we're on the verge of being rewarded for our patience and this isn't another false dawn. The fact that we finished 4th a couple of years back makes me think it's the real deal.

The way Moyes has been allowed to build a team properly instead of just throwing some pimp daddy's money around should be an example to the entire premeirship with maybe the exception of United and Arsenal.

I feel quite smug about being an Evertonian at the moment and I was at primary school the last time I was able to say that. I turned 32 this year. It's been a long wait.

COYB!!! :D

The season after when we finished 17th was more down to luck than skill for us not to be relegated. he has bounced back well. That was all I meant.
although it was a poor finish to the season, i never considered we were in serious danger of relegation at the time. as i recall we had a poor season mainly spent in lower mid-table & then sort of slumped at the end. did we not end up in 17th after the penultimate game of the season or thereabouts?

Status
Not open for further replies.