The Great Everton Fire Sale

Branthwaite looks most nailed on, sadly.
Which is a shame because if we could afford to keep hold of him for another couple of years we could have a genuine world class player on our hands.

Onana likely to attract some interest, but I can’t see teams wanting to throw wads of cash at us for him. Would we recoup the £30m we laid out on him?

Depending how much money we need to raise and how desperate we are, could see the likes of DCL off for like £10-15m or so, who would be a handy squad edition to almost any team in the league.

Quite literally every year since 2018 Pickford gets sold off on here, and yet he’s still here lol no idea where this idea has come from that he’s hot property and loads of clubs are banging our door down for him.

He appears to be very settled and have no desire whatsoever to leave the club either.

We’d have been relegated last year if it wasn’t for him and a couple of others.

He appears to be very settled and have no desire whatsoever to leave the club either.

We’d have been relegated last year if it wasn’t for him and a couple of others.

I’ve long said on here that he’s not my favourite “type” of keeper, but can’t deny that he has performed when we’ve needed him to especially relative to some of the players around him. I can’t really remember the last time he made an out and out howler, as in the type that Neuer made the other night. It’s been several years. Definitely not a priority position at this moment in time and as you said I can’t see much interest in him again this summer or desire for him to push for a move.

Who goes ?
Who comes in?
How much do the club need to bring in and how much of that will be released for new players?
And do we even have a DoF to oversee all this ( has Kopite Kevs contract been renewed)?

I would be surprised if more than one of Pickford, Branthwaite,Onana and DCL are here next season and even more surprised if our transfer budget is more than 25%of what we receive in transfer fees.

Grim times ahead.

….i expect Dyche starts his team sheet every week with;

Pickford
Tarkowski; Branthwaite
Doucoure

If he has those 4 available I think he’s happy enough to fill the other positions. It will be a blow to him if he loses any of those but I suggest 2 are on the list of players who might attract bids;

Pickford
Branthwaite
DCL
Onana

I have a figure of £80m (guesswork based on last financial returns) required by end of June to avoid further points deduction, everybody will be up for grabs but I can’t see much interest beyond those 4.

Alot will depend on:

1: The figure we need to bring in from players sales by Jan 30th for psr

2: The figure we need to bring in for our balance sheet.

Without knowing either its very challenging to choose/guess who leaves.

Aside from Branthwaite, anyone is replacable and upgradable for the right money.

Alot will depend on:

1: The figure we need to bring in from players sales by Jan 30th for psr

2: The figure we need to bring in for our balance sheet.

Without knowing either its very challenging to choose/guess who leaves.

Aside from Branthwaite, anyone is replacable and upgradable for the right money.
I’d be surprised if any money gets spent on replacements.

Will be frees and loans, with anything raised going towards keeping the club afloat.

Young's wages are too high imho and we shouldn't keep him without a significant reduction in them.

Realistically, Branthwaite is our only significant saleable asset. Pickford is probably too old now for us to get top top dollar for him. He is a bigger asset as a player for us than what we would sell him for.

Onana I dont think has really increased his stock to any great degree, perhaps a good showing at the Euros would increase his sale price.

I think we'd find a buyer easily enough for Mykolenko but it leaves another hole to fill. I think we'd also sell Chermiti handily enough if needed.

Beyond that dont think we will generate a huge amount of funds from anyone else.

The problem is every club and agent knows we have to fire sale.

I’d be surprised if any money gets spent on replacements.

Will be frees and loans, with anything raised going towards keeping the club afloat.
I would be genuinely surprised if we don't buy any replacements.

Fo instance if we sell Onana for say £50 million I'd expect us to pay something like £10 million on his replacement ( or German lad rumoured for £12 mill )

I desperately want Branthwaite to stay, so I realise I'm letting that desire affect my thinking, but I'm just wondering if he actually wants to go. I've not seen anything to suggest he does - just calm statements saying he's delighted with how his game is progressing. It may well be he's got his head screwed on and, similar to Bellingham, knows how good he is, understands that time is on his side (especially as a centre-half) and is content to hang fire a season or two before making the next move. Going to United, given the constant upheaval there, would be risky, and they're the ones mentioned most often. Spurs would be a stepping stone, which would make sense. I've not seen Arsenal or City mentioned and you'd think they - City especially - would currently be the top English destinations he might have in mind if he does want to go. Or he might be thinking it's good to continue his development at Everton for a season or so and then go straight to Madrid. He's definitely got everything needed to succeed there.

….i expect Dyche starts his team sheet every week with;

Pickford
Tarkowski; Branthwaite
Doucoure

If he has those 4 available I think he’s happy enough to fill the other positions. It will be a blow to him if he loses any of those but I suggest 2 are on the list of players who might attract bids;

Pickford
Branthwaite
DCL
Onana

I have a figure of £80m (guesswork based on last financial returns) required by end of June to avoid further points deduction, everybody will be up for grabs but I can’t see much interest beyond those 4.
We did have 50m in player sales at the start of this accounting period so our need may not be as big as we fear.
We sold Iwobi, Cannon, Simms, Nkoukou and ISS in August.

Whilst our position is pretty desperate there are a couple of things that might help our case going forward.
The combined PSR losses for COVID should be dropping out of the calculation or we should be making a massive claim for mitigation if we breach again.
We have no managerial pay-offs in 23-24 which has cost us close to £20m in previous 2 years…these are half of the breaches total.
A number of high salary contracts are coming to an end which means we might get away with just one “big” sale if we can offload some of the other deadwood as well. If Dyche can keep as much of the spine of that team and got a new RB and CM I would trust him to be able to fashion a team to just about stay up.
This does not take into consideration the club’s inability to manage the situation but one would hope that they learned something from the last 2 seasons and the PSR breaches.

Then again,it’s the hope that kills ya!!