The Great Everton Fire Sale

jazzy

Player Valuation: £70m
Who goes ?
Who comes in?
How much do the club need to bring in and how much of that will be released for new players?
And do we even have a DoF to oversee all this ( has Kopite Kevs contract been renewed)?

I would be surprised if more than one of Pickford, Branthwaite,Onana and DCL are here next season and even more surprised if our transfer budget is more than 25%of what we receive in transfer fees.

Grim times ahead.

Must retain Branthwaite to continue to develop him, so annyone else could leave if the price is right, but specifically big(ger) money generators would likely be likely be Onana and Pickford. Onana can definitely go in my opinion amd 8n wouldn’t really want to lose Pickford but if needs must.

….i expect Dyche starts his team sheet every week with;

Pickford
Tarkowski; Branthwaite
Doucoure

If he has those 4 available I think he’s happy enough to fill the other positions. It will be a blow to him if he loses any of those but I suggest 2 are on the list of players who might attract bids;

Pickford
Branthwaite
DCL
Onana

I have a figure of £80m (guesswork based on last financial returns) required by end of June to avoid further points deduction, everybody will be up for grabs but I can’t see much interest beyond those 4.

A lot depends on ownership. If we can get a decent fee, sell Onana before June 30th to box off PSR. Need to try and get some money for Maupay, even £5 million. If we can shift Holgate and Keane on free transfers that will help with wages. If we can get anything like what we paid for Beto (which I doubt) we should take it. If all of that happened theoretically we wouldn't need to sell anybody else if we got some cheap loans/ free transfers in and got new owners who could pay the bills for a season before moving into the new stadium.

This post should be linked into the relegation 24/25 one, because once pickford And Branthwaite go this team will conceade a bag full of goals
If Branthwaite goes early it gives Dyche the whole summer to change the way we play (back to Carlo/Allardyce and defend the six yard box probably). If Branthwaite and Pickford both go it's a risk, but again Dyche would probably go for a bigger goalkeeper and sacrifice the distribution we get with Pickford. With a manager who can organise the team none of this is insurmountable but it's definitely more difficult, especially if we don't take our chances again next season.

….i expect Dyche starts his team sheet every week with;

Pickford
Tarkowski; Branthwaite
Doucoure

If he has those 4 available I think he’s happy enough to fill the other positions. It will be a blow to him if he loses any of those but I suggest 2 are on the list of players who might attract bids;

Pickford
Branthwaite
DCL
Onana

I have a figure of £80m (guesswork based on last financial returns) required by end of June to avoid further points deduction, everybody will be up for grabs but I can’t see much interest beyond those 4.
I think we sell Onana and that will make us fine. We sold quite a few in the summer, including several academy players which is more beneficial P&S wise.

A lot depends on ownership. If we can get a decent fee, sell Onana before June 30th to box off PSR. Need to try and get some money for Maupay, even £5 million. If we can shift Holgate and Keane on free transfers that will help with wages. If we can get anything like what we paid for Beto (which I doubt) we should take it. If all of that happened theoretically we wouldn't need to sell anybody else if we got some cheap loans/ free transfers in and got new owners who could pay the bills for a season before moving into the new stadium.
There are a lot of ifs to this scenario and getting in new owners for next season is probably the biggest. Even if we found one tomorrow there are a lot of things that need to happen to complete a takeover and it takes time for them all to happen. Look at the 777 debacle. It wasn't a question of desire.

I don’t expect any significant ins - loans probably. Onana will go and early and won’t be replaced as long as we re-sign Idrissa. DCL and Pickford will stay, but I suspect wouldn’t be replaced by a new perm if they left either…

Branthwaite I just hope we can hold on to for 1 or 2 more seasons. I’m not optimistic.

There are a lot of ifs to this scenario and getting in new owners for next season is probably the biggest. Even if we found one tomorrow there are a lot of things that need to happen to complete a takeover and it takes time for them all to happen. Look at the 777 debacle. It wasn't a question of desire.
Yep going to be another summer of uncertainty where Dyche has no clue who he can get in due to the ownership/finance issues.

For me Onana and Branthwaite look guaranteed to leave. These should generate at least enough money to keep the lights on I'd hope. Maupay will leave. Hopefully we get 8-10m. Holgate will be loaned out as no one will buy him. DCL needs to be sold if he won't sign a contract extension. I doubt anyone comes in for Pickford and I doubt that he pushes to leave. I don't think that we've got much else to sell.

In's will be pretty much restricted to loans and maybe a low wage free or two. If we spend any money I suspect it's will be cheap and for a young player who we hope to develop.