The Everton Board Thread

Football isn't a business, its an entertainment industry. Once the business takes precedence over what happens on the field...fans will get upset.

To be fair, we haven't been ran like a business or even been entertaining (unless ironically) in the last 6 years.

I'm all for the take over. Don't care if it's Hitler's head stitched to Mr. Blobby's torso leading the investment.
Moshiri/Kenwright haven't a clue, and when we were supposedly meant to be entering our "phoenix from the flames" era with Moshiri's money, we somehow managed to look like a wheelie bin on fire rolling down County Road. Not even a purple one at that.

Worth remembering that everything being put out on this group is from Matt Law, who through his close Chelsea links is likely getting it direct from Kenyon. Just because this group is briefing through a friendly journo doesn’t mean they are the only group or even the closest group to taking over.

No, they have just made good / clever signings, they have only spent money they have not the last 3/5 years.

Appointed good people, and been smart.

Its what we lack.

Was smart to let the manager pick his own signings rather than have someone dictate things.

And of course. But i don't get the impression these fellers are the ones to do that.

To be fair, we haven't been ran like a business or even been entertaining (unless ironically) in the last 6 years.

I'm all for the take over. Don't care if it's Hitler's head stitched to Mr. Blobby's torso leading the investment.
Moshiri/Kenwright haven't a clue, and when we were supposedly meant to be entering our "phoenix from the flames" era with Moshiri's money, we somehow managed to look like a wheelie bin on fire rolling down County Road. Not even a purple one at that.

I'm for a takeover. Just not this one which seems like it's going to happen. Ideally would be Moshiri dividing his shares with a good mix of investors and football types.

I just can't see it being anything to get hopes up.

Mosh has been a car crash but in a Lamborghini. This will be a gentle country drive in a Volvo coasting along.

Surely if Richi or others go, even in a possible mist of a takeover mosh isn't going to give over transfer kitty for Frank to play with and then the takeover COULD take a month etc.... so we are near the beginning of the season with no major singings.

Also if he is interested in selling and maybe the Russian backing is nervous at present surely you let it be known and not accept the 1st offer that comes your way unless of course it is an amazing offer (to which this doesn't appear to be by all reports), If you spent 10k on your car the only way you would accept a quick 8k is if you are strapped for cash urgently, otherwise you would sit back and advertise it.