The Escape (2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice video.

That Brighton game must be one of the most bizarre results of any season in last few years. They won 1-4 at Goodison in January, finished 26 points clear and even after that result they then went to Arsenal and wiped the floor with them.

Of course we don't know how other results would've played out but there were only 3 games left after that so even a point down there wouldn't have been enough.

Was just a defence to attacking masterclass for 90 minutes, was in open mouth watching it.

Nice video.

That Brighton game must be one of the most bizarre results of any season in last few years. They won 1-4 at Goodison in January, finished 26 points clear and even after that result they then went to Arsenal and wiped the floor with them.

Of course we don't know how other results would've played out but there were only 3 games left after that so even a point down there wouldn't have been enough.

Was just a defence to attacking masterclass for 90 minutes, was in open mouth watching it.
That Brighton game was one of our most important in decades IMO or best, if we got a draw there it would have been seen as a really good result, but that would have relegated us, we only stayed up because of that unbelievable result

Nice video.

Yeah, absolutely. If that's Dycheball it's not so bad.

That Brighton game was one of our most important in decades IMO or best, if we got a draw there it would have been seen as a really good result, but that would have relegated us, we only stayed up because of that unbelievable result
Kind of. The draws at Wolves and Leicester were important too. Without them we'd be on 34 points, so down. Loads moaning about only drawing, but ultimately it was enough. Hindsight, eh?

Bloody hope we're well clear of it all next season.

Kind of. The draws at Wolves and Leicester were important too. Without them we'd be on 34 points, so down. Loafs moaning about only drawing, but ultimately it was enough. Hindsight, eh?

Bloody hope we're well clear if it all next season.
Yeah but what was special about Brighton was it was a game none of us even dreaming of winning, even a point was far fetched. The Leicester one was big because it was a six pointer

Nice video.

I still don't know how we pulled that one out the hat

"April 27th, 2023. After only 1 win in 10 games, a 1-4 home defeat to Newcastle meant Everton dropped to 19th with just 5 games remaining. The video explains what happened next..."

I just wanted to combine two of my biggest obsessions: Everton and my favourite band (The Blaze) with a video of our last few games:

(Note to mods: I couldn't find a relevant (open) thread to post this in, so created one - please move if you disagree.)
Enjoyed that mate 👍

"April 27th, 2023. After only 1 win in 10 games, a 1-4 home defeat to Newcastle meant Everton dropped to 19th with just 5 games remaining. The video explains what happened next..."

I just wanted to combine two of my biggest obsessions: Everton and my favourite band (The Blaze) with a video of our last few games:

(Note to mods: I couldn't find a relevant (open) thread to post this in, so created one - please move if you disagree.)
Excellent work 👍

Will never know. Man. City game was a write off regardless and luckily didn't matter in the end. Perhaps in last chance saloon team would've just gone and won at Wolves instead of attempting to keep in the game until injury time (and would've stayed up losing there aswell so the Mina goal didn't really matter that much either).

Will never know. Man. City game was a write off regardless and luckily didn't matter in the end. Perhaps in last chance saloon team would've just gone and won at Wolves instead of attempting to keep in the game until injury time (and would've stayed up losing there aswell so the Mina goal didn't really matter that much either).
Yeah the Mina goal didnt count in the end but it was a moral boost, mathematically it didnt mean much but losing that game would of really hurt

I still don't know how we pulled that one out the hat

The early goal helped. Bit like scoring after 40 seconds v Brentford and that totally threw them as they're generally a very hard team to beat.

Brighton were still well into the game up to half hour and then the Doucoure volley totally unnerved them and they fell apart.

One thing I generally like so far under Dyche is team comes out for first 20 minutes, rats around and generally has a go so need to keep up that positive tempo from first minute next season as generally points are easier to come by if you score first in the opening period of games.

The early goal helped. Bit like scoring after 40 seconds v Brentford and that totally threw them as they're generally a very hard team to beat.

Brighton were still well into the game up to half hour and then the Doucoure volley totally unnerved them and they fell apart.

One thing I generally like so far under Dyche is team comes out for first 20 minutes, rats around and generally has a go so need to keep up that positive tempo from first minute next season as generally points are easier to come by if you score first in the opening period of games.
Doucoure played a massive part in us staying up, like a MASSIVE part, he went above and beyond to make up for that red card. For me he will go down as an Everton icon when he leaves

Status
Not open for further replies.