The Entertainers - are back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great that we have a positive thread from Dave but our form against the top teams has been business as usual. It will only take one to go our way and then we would be on a roll but can't see it happening this year.
Really should have beaten arsenal, a very good performance and a mom performance by Cech allied to wrongly awarded 2nd goal saw to that. Awful referring cost us the game last week. Any top teams going to those grounds need an element of luck to succeed, we didn’t get any in either game. Let’s hope it starts at Chelsea next week.

Nice to see you back to being positive @davek after so long down, got to give a lot of credit to the recruitment, owner for backing them, and manager for getting them playing so well already in an utterly alien system to any they've played at this club.

Gomes looks an inspired signing, and his form shows me that Silva is a great man manager given the lads problems at Barca etc. Keane also shows that Silva can turn a player almost on the scrapheap around in quick time

You buy well, you improve the ones you have, and all to a system and plan, that's how decent teams quickly become very very good ones.

Be interesting come January or the summer if we try spending a shed load on a striker, or if we go with bringing in another option like lozano in those forward three spots, a lot probably depends on if Richarlison pushes on with time in that forward role

Meanwhile earlier outside Goodison...

davek-better-than-martinez.jpg

Nice to see you back to being positive @davek after so long down, got to give a lot of credit to the recruitment, owner for backing them, and manager for getting them playing so well already in an utterly alien system to any they've played at this club.

Gomes looks an inspired signing, and his form shows me that Silva is a great man manager given the lads problems at Barca etc. Keane also shows that Silva can turn a player almost on the scrapheap around in quick time

You buy well, you improve the ones you have, and all to a system and plan, that's how decent teams quickly become very very good ones.

Be interesting come January or the summer if we try spending a shed load on a striker, or if we go with bringing in another option like lozano in those forward three spots, a lot probably depends on if Richarlison pushes on with time in that forward role
Good to see you back posting again mate.

On the striker: we look short of a player who can take a half chance. I really hope there's no dawdling in January - or worse still: pondering whether we should bring a striker in. I think if we continue to develop at this rate then we have to aim at breaking into the top 6. That needs a better option than DCL or Tosun.

One thing for certain is we've got the EVERTON back we all love, today at times was back to the good old Howie days, the play was sublime, as a blue I always back us to beat anyone, one of the SKY 6 will be beaten soon by us, we have a tough run against them coming up so why not start sooner rather than later,ill be backing us whoever we play.;):dance::drunk:

Really should have beaten arsenal, a very good performance and a mom performance by Cech allied to wrongly awarded 2nd goal saw to that. Awful referring cost us the game last week. Any top teams going to those grounds need an element of luck to succeed, we didn’t get any in either game. Let’s hope it starts at Chelsea next week.

That's what worries me, we had chances against Arsenal and utd but still came up with nothing. Those on paper were the easier of the games against the top 6 and our record at Chelsea is awful. Fingers crossed.

Today was the first time in ages that when the away team equalised, i didnt think ‘Oh No!’ Instead I thought ‘You’ll pay for that! It really does look like we will have a team to be proud of by the end of the season! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.