The end of Hibbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's getting offered a new contract out of loyalty for his service, not because there's any real place for him in the team. It's been the same case with Giggs at Utd for about 4 years now, they re-sign every year him because they'd like to let him retire on his own terms when he's ready and not because he has to accept he's so crap that there's no other option but to jack it in, like Phil Neville.

Bit mad that, though. Surely Hibbo has stuck with us because nobody else would want him?

Love the lad, seems like a great person.

But from a cynical business perspective, this a bit of a waste of a couple of hundred thousand pounds.

man i thought we were finally getting rid of him! hopefully he's only getting minimum wage

Martinez on Hibbert here (about 37.30)

"I would love Tony to stay with us. When you get the experience of Tony, having a happy Tony Hibbert at the club will allow youngsters to achieve their potential. He's got that world of wisdom and is a reliable footballer."

Would rather see Hibbo' s influence and experience on our books any day than that clown we had last year Moyes' yes man Neville . Looks like he is getting another 1 year contract ,,,,,, keeping the numbers up for Europa ??

Maybe RM sees more in hibbo than some on here do. The other players allways say he scores some screamers in training, maybe with some brown shoes magic, a more attacking hibbo can be conjured out of the old one.

He's had injuries and no chance to play, but if we don't get another RB in then he's rightfully our second choice RB and as such, needs to stick around. He's sound defensively and actually improved his crossing massively -- the other season he had something like 5 assists which is ace.

Viva Tony.

Hibbo set to sign new deal why so long with the Ross and Coleman and stone are we waiting for offers? They should be priority shouldn't they?

Hibbo set to sign new deal why so long with the Ross and Coleman and stone are we waiting for offers? They should be priority shouldn't they?

Think getting Hibbo to sign is a bit easier.

Coleman has a contract till 2018, Ross isnt going anywhere and Stones cant sign a contract till June I think due to a change in Agent.

Status
Not open for further replies.