The end of Hibbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazes me how quickly some Evertonians want rid of players.

Makes me laugh even more when they DEMAND loyalty from players yet aren't willing to show that same sort of loyalty in return.

Then....I laugh even more when those same people bitch and moan about potentially signing another RB because:

1) Coleman is there and
2) We have other pressing priorities

...yet want to completely disregard the squad depth issue that will inevitably occur as injuries mount as they do every year.

Wow, you're gonna get bent out of shape because we're potentially bringing Hibbert on for one more year? When you have limted funds, then re-signing a squad player makes as much squad sense/financial sense as any other options. I think I'll trust RM over the negative nancys on this one.

(Edit: Next time I see an Evertonian moan about a player moving on from Everton for the bigger better deal and bitching because the player didn't show us "loyalty," like Hibbert has, I'm gonna vault this thread and this post every single time.)

While I agree with what Bill's saying, can't his contract be as a player/coach? Both sides win from that, like.

While I agree with what Bill's saying, can't his contract be as a player/coach? Both sides win from that, like.

Doesn't have to have a contract like that to be getting taught the coaching side of things, though. No point really.

Hibbo is underrated. I would love to see him retire here and I fully believe he has a few years left yet.

If you mean has been underrated in the past then yeah he probably has been at times, if you mean underrated as a player nowadays mate then your living in cloud cuckoo land like, he is washed up and injury prone, not a good combination when you were never blessed with much natural talent anyway like and achieved much on just grit and determination

Not as an actual player on the pitch he hasn't mate, he may sign a new contract but you really saying if he has to start in a game vs anyone you expect to see anything other than a very journeyman like showing from him?

He's been given a new contract not to play but to be around the younger playing staff as a good influence whilst still being 'theoretically' a player still

What is everyone so worried about? He's no Coleman but as a 3rd choice right back we could do a lot worse.

Never rated the lad as a starter but thought he did improve somewhat a couple seasons ago. Thought his positioning was brutal. Maybe it was moyes!! However he was good in the tackle on one v ones. His commitment and loyalty to everton is second to none. For me he is good back up and would be useful to have to put some Estonian little winger into row z if necessary

Status
Not open for further replies.