The Donovan-Cole challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grogtank

Player Valuation: £750k
So what's the word on the street? It was clearly a 50/50 ball and we all know these things happen. I imagine the tabloid papers could have ran with all sorts of ridiculousness about England vs USA in group C. What's next? Will Baines get the call from Capello? Will Landon hide a rattlesnake in Baines locker?

On a side note I noticed many of you refer to Mr. Cole as Cashley. While this may be accurate, I would submit to you we simply call him Ashley. In the USA, Ashley tends to be a female name. Considering how easily his little ankle broke maybe Ashley is more appropriate?

In all seriousness, I hate to see injuries. Maybe his ankle was fractured before the challenge. I hope Ashley recovers well and full for South Africa. I'm positive Landon shares this thought as well.

Ball, Wright, Labone, Newton. Mexico 1970. They went and came back completely f*c*ed.

And that's without mentioning Rooney and Lescott whose international careers aided their early exit from Goodison.

The fewer Everton players who go anywhere near that nest of overpaid, overhyped prima donnas the better imo.

And can anyone on here say that they could support a team containing that cheating filth Gerrard???

So what's the word on the street? It was clearly a 50/50 ball and we all know these things happen. I imagine the tabloid papers could have ran with all sorts of ridiculousness about England vs USA in group C. What's next? Will Baines get the call from Capello? Will Landon hide a rattlesnake in Baines locker?

On a side note I noticed many of you refer to Mr. Cole as Cashley. While this may be accurate, I would submit to you we simply call him Ashley. In the USA, Ashley tends to be a female name. Considering how easily his little ankle broke maybe Ashley is more appropriate?

In all seriousness, I hate to see injuries. Maybe his ankle was fractured before the challenge. I hope Ashley recovers well and full for South Africa. I'm positive Landon shares this thought as well.

Ashley Cole throws himself at the ball week in and week out in all sorts of challenges and often emerges unscathed.

Breaking his ankle was just bad luck. It was not even a bad challenge. The ref didn't even blow.

Sorry if others disagree, but I love Everton much more than I love England.

Ball, Wright, Labone, Newton. Mexico 1970. They went and came back completely f*c*ed.

And that's without mentioning Rooney and Lescott whose international careers aided their early exit from Goodison.

The fewer Everton players who go anywhere near that nest of overpaid, overhyped prima donnas the better imo.

And can anyone on here say that they could support a team containing that cheating filth Gerrard???

Yup, I'm 100% supporting England in all the qualifyers and competitions, regardless of the rooneys and Gerrards. Why you may ask? Because I'm English

tbh wasnt even a challenge more 50/50 in my eyes so tough shabite in my view koof him last person i seen with a broken ankle was unable to move never mind walk off a pitch,more likley hes chiped the bone

some valid points, mainly Gerrard.

My main problem with Gerrard is exactly this.

Aside from him playing for the RS, he seems to be an expert at smashing in last minute goals, kissing cameras, knocking down kids in his Aston Martin, and fighting in bars in dj competitions.

Playing for England though?? sod all.

Same with Lampard, can't hit a barn door against an international side, but will happily smash one in on his weaker foot in the cup final and do that oh so famous, 'Moonface' look...

is the quality of international football higher than what they play at the moment?? not really. Unless you think Slovenia are better than Chelsea.

They both have something to prove this summer. Who gets injured first??

1 down, 10 to go.

if you watch the tackle again , ashley cole went in stud's showing and over the ball.
he went in to foul donovan imo, but donovan's boot luckily was too low and resulted in hitting the bottom of cole's boot.

glad coles injured , i think he is pants , overated and a completly shallow scum bag of a human being.

fair challenge and it would not be fair to say otherwise in my opinion, unfortunate for the money grabber but these things happen.

Nothing wrong with the challenge.

I'm English but as its all about money to them these days will not be supporting them (only any Everton players who happen to be in the team).

Will also be watching the Aussies and Amercians, as its not all about money to them.

I'm scouse, and I will be supporting mainly whoever England are playing so I can piss myself laughing when the media, players and fans do they're collective weeping after boring the living [Poor language removed] out of us in the run up about how ace they all are.

In conclusion: GO DONOVAN.

whoops*

leg.jpg

Thought I'd post the pic here.

Status
Not open for further replies.