The difference between us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spurs were on a par with us 6 or 7 years ago. Asking questions why we've been left so far behind is perfectly fair.

Spurs 6 or 7 years ago still had people like bale, we had a good squad but no financial backing whatsoever, it wasMoyes ability to find good players on the cheap.

We’ve been struggling since our boardroom fell to bits in the early 90’s. What doesn’t help is self loathing cryarses who want everything now instead of allowing things to develop.

I’m just thankful there was no social media outlet in the 80’s, you lot would have been begging for Sir John to be hung from Goodison. And god knows what would have happened to players like Southall, Stevens Reid and Gray

It is 55 years since spuds last won the title so not really someone we should aspire to be like.
The difference between Kane and Lukaku is Lukaku wanted to go and would have just sulked if he hadn't,We had no choice.
We should have replaced him but it is hard to pinpoint whos fault that was.
I don't who is making the decisions on transfers but the transfer policy is a shambles.

I think Koeman genuinely believed we were going to sign Giroud. That fell through and there were no other quality strikers available. If there was a 25 goal a season striker on the market every club in Europe would be after him.

Spurs have an elite manager and a world class striker. We sold ours.

A world class striker who was written off by many after under performing at an international tournament, but proved the doubters wrong. Ours couldn't even drag our team to two cup finals under a woeful manager and had his head badly turned by a snake of an agent

That 'elite' manager had to eradicate the damage caused by Tim Sherwood after their previous World Class player was sold and replaced with mostly tat, Eriksen aside

I think Koeman genuinely believed we were going to sign Giroud. That fell through and there were no other quality strikers available. If there was a 25 goal a season striker on the market every club in Europe would be after him.
The Giroud deal seemed dead in the water weeks before the window closed , I would have gone full tilt after Vardy even if it jeopardise the Siggi deal our priority had to be a forward.

Spurs 6 or 7 years ago still had people like bale, we had a good squad but no financial backing whatsoever, it wasMoyes ability to find good players on the cheap.

We’ve been struggling since our boardroom fell to bits in the early 90’s. What doesn’t help is self loathing cryarses who want everything now instead of allowing things to develop.

I’m just thankful there was no social media outlet in the 80’s, you lot would have been begging for Sir John to be hung from Goodison. And god knows what would have happened to players like Southall, Stevens Reid and Gray
Progression is what we want. Signs we will get there. That's what we need right now.

It's different because Harry Kane came up through the ranks at Tottenham (and took a while to burst into the first XI) whereas Lukaku was already in the transfer market before he reached us.

Also Spurs are better than us because they don't get bogged down in midfield but play touch football. I suggest Koeman tries that out in training.

As said spurs have built their team over the last 5 years or so.Some on here seam to think that we can just go out and pick up players at random and build our team in 12 months. Our football is not great at the moment,but their are allot of the players showing good signs of what they are capable of,they just all need to bring it to the table together and regularly. Rome was not built in a day. I'm prepared to give koeman this season without question unless of course the wheels come of completely.As a fanbase we need to get behind our club and manager and stop crying every time things don't go as we want, we are in danger of becoming geordies

I'm not surprised. Spurs have belief because as a club they get things right. The players at Everton have no belief because things are done wrong constantly. Can you imagine how disappointed most of them are letting Rom go and failing to replace him? Klassen, Rooney and Sig all questioning why they were brought in but without a Target man? I'd lack belief myself.

We also had a striker who scores for fun. We didn't have to let him go. Liverpool, Arsenal and Southampton all managed to keep their star players.
Lukaku should have only been sold to a team abroad, all them years ago we let them rob us of Rooney and now we just gave in again, Lukaku should atleast been 30 million more, or we should have insisted on having Rashford or martial as part of the deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.