The difference between us

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4kyxx

Player Valuation: £20m
There are many reasons why we continue to fail. Far too many to mention.

However I'd just like to compare one reason with Spurs for example. Spurs a title contender.

We sell Lukaku (2 years left) Didn't have to go. And replaced him with.. No one. Not only showing zero ambition, but also showing incompetence to let one of the world's best strikers go, and not even sign a replacement. Criminal.

Spurs keep Kane, and not only that, sign a top 2nd choice in Llorente. We have neither

We need a good RB as Coleman is out until December. We sign Martina a free that Southampton didn't want.

Spurs sell Walker, but replace him with Aurier, and also have a top RB in Tripper. Two good players for each position. We don't

We desperately needed another CB. Williams and Jags are past it, and Holgate for me is only 3rd 4th choice.

Spurs realise that there back up defender in Wimmer for example isn't good enough. Go out and sign Sanchez a top CB to replace him.

This is the difference between us actually challenging for the top four, and not. We do everything wrong, and Spurs do most things right. Until we change our position won't either.

The club talks about challenging for the top 4 and winning titles under moshiri. Yet we are further away than ever, and the window just gone has shown me we still have no ambition whatsoever and the transfer budget remains the same. Sell to buy with a slightly extra amount due to the new TV money. They tell the fans what they want to hear but it's all talk. Even the manager is now saying be 'realistic' It's nothing to do with being realistic it's to do with us constantly making bad errors in running the club.

Spurs have belief and team spirit. Most of all a striker who scores for fun

I'm not surprised. Spurs have belief because as a club they get things right. The players at Everton have no belief because things are done wrong constantly. Can you imagine how disappointed most of them are letting Rom go and failing to replace him? Klassen, Rooney and Sig all questioning why they were brought in but without a Target man? I'd lack belief myself.

We also had a striker who scores for fun. We didn't have to let him go. Liverpool, Arsenal and Southampton all managed to keep their star players.

Who is also commited to his club Lukaku not so much.

One of the reasons Lukaku wanted to leave was our failure to bring players in. Once again this summer we have proved yet again we are still failing in that aspect. Despite apparently having more money.

It is 55 years since spuds last won the title so not really someone we should aspire to be like.
The difference between Kane and Lukaku is Lukaku wanted to go and would have just sulked if he hadn't,We had no choice.
We should have replaced him but it is hard to pinpoint whos fault that was.
I don't who is making the decisions on transfers but the transfer policy is a shambles.

4 years ago spurs had a team made up of Kaboul, Huddleston, Parker, Dawson.

Last year we had a team that included Cleverly, Kone, McGeady

Things don’t happen over night and comparing a steadily progressing Spurs (4 years in the making) to us is as laughable as it gets

This hasn't been overnight though. It's been going on for years. If we continue in the market the way we do, we will still be talking about this in four years time. Spurs wouldn't dare sign Martina to replace Walker. We would

4 years ago spurs had a team made up of Kaboul, Huddleston, Parker, Dawson.

Last year we had a team that included Cleverly, Kone, McGeady

Things don’t happen over night and comparing a steadily progressing Spurs (4 years in the making) to us is as laughable as it gets

Spurs were on a par with us 6 or 7 years ago. Asking questions why we've been left so far behind is perfectly fair.

This hasn't been overnight though. It's been going on for years. If we continue in the market the way we do, we will still be talking about this in four years time. Spurs wouldn't dare sign Martina to replace Walker. We would

Have you only just started supporting us? Spurs’ progression has been over 4 years; ours hasn’t so there’s no comparable information.

They sold bale and Modric to fund their building, as well as shipping out all the deadwood in their squad.

Where you around for the 90’s

Status
Not open for further replies.