The derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
We normally do something different, like play Pennington for the first time at Anfield, goal aside, he got roasted in a system designed to confuse our players never mind theirs. Or start Branch up front under Smith for his first start in months only to haul him off at half time, or simply rest half the team because we have a 1/4 at home three days later.

Under Moyes you wouldn't see Hibbert or Anichebe for months/years at a time but the stars would always align for them to start the derby. ALWAYS.

Went to the pictures to see “Ready Player One” yesterday afternoon. Stopped by the club store in Liverpool 2, and picked up a full home strip for 7 bucks for my baby daughter (she’s 11 weeks old). I went to the cinema on my own as the missus doesn’t really like any flashy Sci-fi escapist stuff, so she stayed out with the baby. So I take my seat and there’s a rough looking fellow next to my seat with a young boy with him. He spots the Everton club shop bag and starts engaging me in conversation with a slightly patronising tone. Ironic given that he and his son are dressed like bad scruffs and look thicker than whale meat.

This is why they are hated……

“Oo’s de kit for den?”

“My daughter…. She’s a newborn”

“Oh yeh….I was der in 77’ lad, Tosh, Keegan and Smith.. boss days dem… ‘ow’s Alladyce doin’ fer youse den?”

DO FOOK OFF.

I mean, why try and keep this stupidly fake pretence up?

I can’t see anything but a defeat in this one. We’re gonna get beasted by a bunch of ponces who shave their chests with Nivea products.

OH THE HUMANITY

Went to the pictures to see “Ready Player One” yesterday afternoon. Stopped by the club store in Liverpool 2, and picked up a full home strip for 7 bucks for my baby daughter (she’s 11 weeks old). I went to the cinema on my own as the missus doesn’t really like any flashy Sci-fi escapist stuff, so she stayed out with the baby. So I take my seat and there’s a rough looking fellow next to my seat with a young boy with him. He spots the Everton club shop bag and starts engaging me in conversation with a slightly patronising tone. Ironic given that he and his son are dressed like bad scruffs and look thicker than whale meat.

This is why they are hated……

“Oo’s de kit for den?”

“My daughter…. She’s a newborn”

“Oh yeh….I was der in 77’ lad, Tosh, Keegan and Smith.. boss days dem… ‘ow’s Alladyce doin’ fer youse den?”

DO FOOK OFF.

I mean, why try and keep this stupidly fake pretence up?

I can’t see anything but a defeat in this one. We’re gonna get beasted by a bunch of ponces who shave their chests with Nivea products.

OH THE HUMANITY

How good is ready player one though :)

I fail to understand anyone who thinks we'll be thumped. Allardyce isn't one for suicide missions and he'll grind out a draw or narrow defeat (or he might surprise us and get a very decent performance out of these players and a win).

This is Liverpool's nightmare match, not ours. The tables have been turned by a quirk of fate.

Just go out there and get stuck in, they'll be pulling out of challenges everywhere on the pitch.

How good is ready player one though :)
The "Oasis" game scenes are boss, especially the opening NYC chase with Kong, the T-rex etc. The Kubrick homage is terrific as well. The "Real world" bit's aren't as good like but yes, it is very entertaining and definitely has to be seen on a big screen, as TV will lessen it's impact. A shame it never included EFC in the countless '80's references mind.

But yeah, back to the unwashed beaut and his snotty-nosed offspring.

Trying be a funny "can't" and he just came across as a proper weapon. Especially telling was when he could be heard: "R Jimmy's got dis on copy, lad... onlee de two-dee one like burrit's a boss copy..."

I fail to understand anyone who thinks we'll be thumped. Allardyce isn't one for suicide missions and he'll grind out a draw or narrow defeat (or he might surprise us and get a very decent performance out of these players and a win).

This is Liverpool's nightmare match, not ours. The tables have been turned by a quirk of fate.

Just go out there and get stuck in, they'll be pulling out of challenges everywhere on the pitch.
I don’t care about their result tonight but I do hope they have a strenuous game.

Not arsed as long as they’re knackered at the end of it lol
Other way round for me. I'd gladly sacrifice three points to them in order they lost over this tie to City. The points are nothing to us; that tie means everything to them.

Pretty easy decision in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.