The derby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally the best time to play this fixture, Pool will be massively distracted no way is Salah, Mane etc. getting a game. Chelsea losing home to Spurs took some pressure off them for Top 4 so all their focus should be on City.

So 2-1 I think. Have to win the fixture some time.

Right??

being born and bred scouse and into an Everton family - have two sons as fanatic as I ever was and always will be

over years I have been able to handle the Derby despair " a bit better " , suppose it goes with age also after a while maybe you become bullet proof ?

However this match has more significance to me and I am hoping against all the odds we can pull a rabbit out of the hat , as it happens my twin boys both 33 are going to attend their 1st Derby match - being born in South Africa and not visited UK until now

heres hoping for a win or at least not getting beat COYB - " please ! "

If we have a proper go and lose I can live with that, what I can't live with is another performance like the second half of last seasons Goodison derby where the gameplan was to park the bus and wait for the inevitable last minute Liverpool winner.

If we stand off like we did against City, we’ll be dry bummed.

City took their foot off the gas second half last week, they wouldn’t in that position, and I wouldn’t want us too either if it was the other way round.

being born and bred scouse and into an Everton family - have two sons as fanatic as I ever was and always will be

over years I have been able to handle the Derby despair " a bit better " , suppose it goes with age also after a while maybe you become bullet proof ?

However this match has more significance to me and I am hoping against all the odds we can pull a rabbit out of the hat , as it happens my twin boys both 33 are going to attend their 1st Derby match - being born in South Africa and not visited UK until now

heres hoping for a win or at least not getting beat COYB - " please ! "

Your poor sons. I feel disgusted enough with myself and I’m only coming up from London...

Beningime is exactly the player I'd start. His first contribution on Saturday against City was to clatter into Silva - who was left holding his ankle for the last 10 minutes.

Beningime has no problem with reputations: Do the holders of them have two legs? Then they're there to be hit. Hard.

Nothing to lose by giving him a go although I thought Davies had the slightly better cameo in the final stages against City. I hope Gueye is back but even if he is I'd play one of Baningime or Davies with him and Rooney (despite his dreadful performance against City). I think Rooney has to play because he is one of our only players that can find difficult passes and I think Walcott in behind Robinson on the counter is one of our only outballs. Not expecting much from the match but we need to compete in centre midfield otherwise a carbon copy repeat of what happened against City will happen again.

We always play crap against these lot, but I think the fans will go nuts if we play the way we did against City on Saturday. I don't think people are willing to accept fat sams "oh Liverpool are a top side" before the game, just basically making his excuse for a defeat. I'm not hopeful, but Palace were unlucky not to get a result against them on Saturday. We got an undeserved draw there in December, plus we were 10 minutes away from coming away with a draw in January if Pickford hadn't jumped into thin air miles away from Van dyke. I'd rather we just go in there and put in a few dodgy tackles on Salah, rather than just sitting back and them scoring in the last minute like last season. I think the idiotic decision to loan out Lookman and Besic will cost us for this match, both players play without fear and would get into these. I think we just want the players to show some passion even if means snapping their players and getting Klopp worked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.