The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found it rather amusing looking over to the paddock and watching everyone scarpering down to the concourse as fast as they could as that torrential rain poured in a few minutes before half time.

The stand was pretty much deserted by the time the half time whistle went!

Last edited:
I had someone by me complaining constantly about the crowd not singing or booing etc. Yet they never sung when a song did get going or attempted to get anything going. Can't win with some people

The crowd was behind the team today, as soon as they raised their performance in the second half, the noise level raised. There was a passage of play in the second half when Richarlison and Gylfi pressed together and the crowd were on their feet singing. Show this effort every game and the players will get our full backing.

You could hear the volume jump on the TV. Just seems to me - and I don't know the crowd - that a bit of effort and hustle goes a long way.

But it also works the opposite way. Why should players care if fans only give them support if they play well? Players clearly need support no matter what if they are playing on our pitch. I am sorry, but in comparison to some teams from mainland Europe we clearly lack a group of ultras who give it all every game no matter what in a positive way trying to help the team. Let's wait with all this moaning after games. During games it only helps the opposite team...

You do realise those ultras with the flags and the flares are also the ones fighting pitched battles in the streets with each other and waiting after the game to smash up the players’ cars and scream abuse at them for defeats. They’re also invariably on the extreme right.

I blame our songs, non of them last more than 10 seconds. The one that lasted longer sounds terrible.

I don’t know what is it with our choice of songs. It’s just very poor. Poor melody and terribly hard to sing.

It’s about time we find a catchy tune that last more than 20seconds.

I blame our songs, non of them last more than 10 seconds. The one that lasted longer sounds terrible.

I don’t know what is it with our choice of songs. It’s just very poor. Poor melody and terribly hard to sing.

could try 'chirpy chirpy cheep cheep 'I suppose

Some of them tend to very immature as well, like that nonsense about Mina that someone posted, or They have unnecessary foul language, which prevents parents singing them in front of there children

But it also works the opposite way. Why should players care if fans only give them support if they play well? Players clearly need support no matter what if they are playing on our pitch. I am sorry, but in comparison to some teams from mainland Europe we clearly lack a group of ultras who give it all every game no matter what in a positive way trying to help the team. Let's wait with all this moaning after games. During games it only helps the opposite team...

I agree 100%. Minus the ultras part.

Booing our own players during a match only hurts Everton. It contributes to taking away our home field advantage if there is such a thing.

The singing area of the ground should be all 4 sides front row to back row, Support,
create an atmosphere for the 90 minutes then do the praising or criticising on here or wherever after the game.

Home advantage is and should be created by our own fans, being silent and moaning at our own players when they make a mistake completely removes our home advantage! The players don’t create the atmosphere, we do! And we should no matter how good or bad we play..

I agree 100%. Minus the ultras part.

Booing our own players during a match only hurts Everton. It contributes to taking away our home field advantage if there is such a thing.

We've always booed players. How else do we let them know if what we are seeing isn't good enough?

If a player can't take criticism then he needs to take the shirt off and go home.

Reactions: MrD
Crowd were better today, due in part to poor referreeing, as has been said. But in the second half at one point, we chased and pressed Bournemouth at the back for about 90 seconds, started by Gylfi and Richarlison, and that invigorated the crowd.

Sometimes we need to be given something to shout about, but all it took was some effort and hounding of their players. Not a lot to ask to expect to see this every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.