The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
This all day.....people having a go at fans at the match on here dont go the game themselves, so should wind their necks in. If the team put in a glimmer of effort the crowd will get behind the team (as they did today) and its been that way for many years

The crowd was behind the team today, as soon as they raised their performance in the second half, the noise level raised. There was a passage of play in the second half when Richarlison and Gylfi pressed together and the crowd were on their feet singing. Show this effort every game and the players will get our full backing.

Sold out again. Massive well done to the match going support. Think if we pressed higher and with more intensity the crowd would be at it from minute one, but getting that kind of press wrong and we could be 3 down at half time ?????

I've said it in other threads. I think the "patient" passing around the back style of play kills our enthusiasm. It's boring. Why when we get a free kick on the half way do we manage to pass back to our own goalkeeper? Correct me if I'm wrong but the objective of the game is to score more than the opposition. When the full backs or centre backs have nothing on, why can't they lob the ball behind their defence or around the full backs? More intensity would get the crowd back in my opinion.

I've said it in other threads. I think the "patient" passing around the back style of play kills our enthusiasm. It's boring. Why when we get a free kick on the half way do we manage to pass back to our own goalkeeper? Correct me if I'm wrong but the objective of the game is to score more than the opposition. When the full backs or centre backs have nothing on, why can't they lob the ball behind their defence or around the full backs? More intensity would get the crowd back in my opinion.
No doubt. Martinez second season killed it. Its not the be all and end all but it helps the team and players get some confidence which improves decision making and passing. Both which we need to improve in abundance

Have to be absolutely honest: We really need a singing area. I believe the biggest difference between us and likes of Dortmund is the Yellow Wall full of passionate fans who sing through the whole match and really are the 12th player of the club. The atmosphere is not really great at all in most cases. Sadly the Old Lady is only rocking when we are playing well or if we are about to get a result. That needs to change. Our players need our support the most when they are not playing well... I really hope this thing gets fixed when we move to our new stadium with our version of Yellow Wall. We need a Blue Wall rocking every home game.

The crowd was behind the team today, as soon as they raised their performance in the second half, the noise level raised. There was a passage of play in the second half when Richarlison and Gylfi pressed together and the crowd were on their feet singing. Show this effort every game and the players will get our full backing.

I get this, and that the better performances from the players on the field will naturally generate more noise/enthusiasm from the fans, but watching TV from kick-off - maybe the first 20-25 minutes or so until we started to play - it did sound quiet, so quiet in fact the Bournemouth fans singing was clearly audible.

Not having a pop at the match-going fans, but genuine question - why is Goodison often so quiet at the start of matches? It's not a great look when the TV commentators are constantly remarking how eerily quiet Goodison is.

I understand the calls for the players to get the crowd going, it’s a fair point. For those of us who were going in the 90’s tho , particularly during the “Mike Walker saga” it wasn’t like this and we were truly abysmal.

Trying to understand it really, it could be with some people and this is just a guess, the years of false dawns and one step forward two or three back may have started to take their toll and a sort of apathy or pessimistic feeling has crept in. I dunno, maybe some just can’t be bothered or they have a hangover ha ha.
Unreserved seating, smaller crowds and only 6-7 years since we’d last been great all relevant points in response to that. It’s hard to get excited about 11th v 12th at home on a Sunday when the opposition are a small club who bring about 300.

Not having a pop at the match-going fans, but genuine question - why is Goodison often so quiet at the start of matches? It's not a great look when the TV commentators are constantly remarking how eerily quiet Goodison is.

I wonder if a lot of the new grounds have better acoustics? Only one corner of the ground is fully conected, this dosent help.

I get this, and that the better performances from the players on the field will naturally generate more noise/enthusiasm from the fans, but watching TV from kick-off - maybe the first 20-25 minutes or so until we started to play - it did sound quiet, so quiet in fact the Bournemouth fans singing was clearly audible.

The Park End are still sucking on their Werthers originals mate.

Have to be absolutely honest: We really need a singing area. I believe the biggest difference between us and likes of Dortmund is the Yellow Wall full of passionate fans who sing through the whole match and really are the 12th player of the club. The atmosphere is not really great at all in most cases. Sadly the Old Lady is only rocking when we are playing well or if we are about to get a result. That needs to change. Our players need our support the most when they are not playing well... I really hope this thing gets fixed when we move to our new stadium with our version of Yellow Wall. We need a Blue Wall rocking every home game.
Or when the players actually try and fight for the club. I really wouldn't take much to get the fans back onside again. The lads on the pitch just need to give it there all every game and be professional. Many of them just look like passengers drifting through games a lot of the time, and some just look disinterested. Its hard tp get behind players who don't look like they care at times.

My lad always says that when you watch the top teams and their defenders have got the ball, there always looks an urgency and intensity in their play (even though there's no pressure on them) to get the ball moving, get something going, but with us our defenders with the ball at the back look laboured, nonchalant, almost sleep walking the ball out.

Or when the players actually try and fight for the club. I really wouldn't take much to get the fans back onside again. The lads on the pitch just need to give it there all every game and be professional. Many of them just look like passengers drifting through games a lot of the time, and some just look disinterested. Its hard tp get behind players who don't look like they care at times.
But it also works the opposite way. Why should players care if fans only give them support if they play well? Players clearly need support no matter what if they are playing on our pitch. I am sorry, but in comparison to some teams from mainland Europe we clearly lack a group of ultras who give it all every game no matter what in a positive way trying to help the team. Let's wait with all this moaning after games. During games it only helps the opposite team...

Status
Not open for further replies.