The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd argue our away support is quite poor actually. Don't get me wrong, they're also some of the best, we travel in huge numbers, selling out Southampton on Monday night, Newcastle Tuesday and so on, but we're just not vocal. It's sound having a sing on the coach down, or in the concourse, but we never do it in the stand. God knows why. You get the smaller teams like Burnley singing and getting behind the team, and we're just stood silent throughout.

Great Numbers, But Not Great overall.

Fairs.

Maybe it's just the game's I've been to have generally been ones in the north so it's always naturally a bit louder I reckon.

I went to Spurs away in 14-15 and it was limbs when Mirallas scored that screamer, but as soon as they equalised we all knew what was happening, and at 5pm on a cold Sunday I suppose everyone wasn't looking forward to the trip back.

I sadly have, maybe I was wrong to say every week, but in my case its weeks rather years.
That genuinely shocks me as where I sit, near to the LADS at the back of GT3, you'd expect them to spout that kind of mindless drivel but you honestly don't.

Like I said, there's the odd comment which you expect might have some undertones but it's not vocal. Perhaps it's a generational thing, if that makes sense?

That genuinely shocks me as where I sit, near to the LADS at the back of GT3, you'd expect them to spout that kind of mindless drivel but you honestly don't.

Like I said, there's the odd comment which you expect might have some undertones but it's not vocal. Perhaps it's a generational thing, if that makes sense?

I sit next to a wonderful group of people, all regulars who have sat in the same seats for the last 20 years or so, so no issues at all with these very good people.

But now and again we seem to get a mutant.

Ferguson only commented about the abuse given to Rooney, he was left out & fergie said he didn't want him part of "the nonsense that goes on there."

I was getting a few tutt tutts from the non-regulars around me when i launched into 1, on 60 minutes there was 1 of their subs came down to 'warm up,' they got a goal kick and he got the keepers attention and did a time-out signal, the keeper then went down on the deck whilst being treated the rest of their team ran over to the bench 'to get a drink' & recieved a coaching session.
seen that myself mate I wonder if you was the lad with black hair (see your user name ) who was giving him some stick from the lower st end .I was laughing he was the sub goalie who must of got bitched by the manager to warm up but really it was to give that message to the goalie and then he got nicked by loads in the st end giving the message to him got a bit of abuse then he tried to blag it saying no he's hurt his leg to the crowd which just made it worse
But then he had to stay for a minute still blagging he was warming up .

The away fans have always been a great group, havent been able to attend an away for ages now, cashflow sadly doesnt stretch that far these days.

But when I used to go it was always a great day out.

Aways are better for me logistically tbf. It's either a 2 hour drive (hour and half if the traffic's good) but then can't have a beer, or a 2-hour train to Goodison, and that ends up costing a bomb for a day out (I'd easily spend £80 every day I went when I had my season ticket, factoring in booze, taxis, trains etc).

I hate Leeds, but want them to get up for the away day tbh, even though we always bloody lose like. Would be great to see a Sheff team back up as well. Bin Huddersfield off, mind. There's never been a town less geared up for Prem footy than that place.

You are totally wrong about the City 4-0 game and I was actually in GT4 that day .
The atmosphere was fantastic.
Goodison crowd is no different today than its ever been....give them something to cheer and they cheer.
Dish up some crap , they let you know.

Obviously I don’t get to games, I’m about 6000 miles away and all, but it seems like the home crowds start the game waiting for the team to dish up some crap so they can get angry and have a moan.

Also “crap” is now defined as anything less than complete perfection. Overhit a pass, they’re crap. Shot off target, crap. Other team gets a good chance, crap.

If this forum is an accurate representation of supporters,
It really, really, REALLY isn't mate. Sometimes when I'm reading stuff on here I seriously struggle to understand how half the posters can see things to how our match going fans see same issue. It couldn't be more different most of the time. I honestly think that some on here support a different Everton Football Club then the one that I go and watch every week!

I'm past making excuses for it mate. I've been angry and depressed about the atmosphere for to often over the last eight years to dwell on it anymore. Goodison is dead and there's no fixing it through recriminations. The genie is well and truly out of the bottle and there's no putting him back at this point. I've been desperate for a singing section for years and have even emailed the club about it on several occasions but all to no avail. There's no point in crying about spilt milk any more than it comes down to the atmosphere. If you want somthing done, get onto the club like I have. If enough people endlessly bombard them with emails after every single dead home game they might actually start to listen and finally do somthing about it. That's the only way forward at this point for anyone who's as concerned about the atmosphere as I am.:(

If you look at other Ends across the country you'll see a few hundred fans standing persistently and singing. If you look into it a bit deeper you see that at the core of them there's only 20 to 50 fans who are creating the atmosphere for the others.

In the Gwladys Street we have the few hundred who want to join in with the singing, but no core of 20 to 50 to start it off.

On the odd occasion that I bother going, I contribute to the general ‘murmur’, because I spend the whole match gossiping with my mate, usually about non-Football related stuff. ;)

The away fans have always been a great group, havent been able to attend an away for ages now, cashflow sadly doesnt stretch that far these days.

But when I used to go it was always a great day out.

Hmmm I’d disagree with this.

Saw and heard some awful things on away days.

Status
Not open for further replies.