The Crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ferguson only commented about the abuse given to Rooney, he was left out & fergie said he didn't want him part of "the nonsense that goes on there."

I was getting a few tutt tutts from the non-regulars around me when i launched into 1, on 60 minutes there was 1 of their subs came down to 'warm up,' they got a goal kick and he got the keepers attention and did a time-out signal, the keeper then went down on the deck whilst being treated the rest of their team ran over to the bench 'to get a drink' & recieved a coaching session.

In the past we had players like Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Jags, and too a less extent Neville and Howard. Players who largely tried their best for the club, so therefore the fans responded. Also in those days we had a far more tight knit support, people who were loyal fans who supported the team through thick and thin. The problem is there has been a newer type of fan coming to GP today, who have no interest in getting behind the team. Even when we beat Man City 4-0 the atmosphere was poor. I think sadly football grounds have become too PC, people don't want to start chants and things like that because they're around kids and families. It's not really surprising the atmosphere is awful, when there was less demand for tickets, vocal supporters could get together and start chants, nowadays that isn't the case. It's almost impossible to get a ticket in let's say GT4 non restricted for a derby for example, where you could in the past.

In the past we had players like Cahill, Arteta, Pienaar, Baines, Jags, and too a less extent Neville and Howard. Players who largely tried their best for the club, so therefore the fans responded. Also in those days we had a far more tight knit support, people who were loyal fans who supported the team through thick and thin. The problem is there has been a newer type of fan coming to GP today, who have no interest in getting behind the team. Even when we beat Man City 4-0 the atmosphere was poor. I think sadly football grounds have become too PC, people don't want to start chants and things like that because they're around kids and families. It's not really surprising the atmosphere is awful, when there was less demand for tickets, vocal supporters could get together and start chants, nowadays that isn't the case. It's almost impossible to get a ticket in let's say GT4 non restricted for a derby for example, where you could in the past.
Spot on mate, you need to be very careful what you say in this day and age, too many snowflakes about nowadays.:blush:

38k there today. Great support for both teams.

Who says the cup doesn't matter to supporters.
Today it was a very different clientèle than the usual attendance for most league games, which ultimately wasn't a terrible thing with how it's been as of late.

I was the only season ticket holder within ten seats to my left and right, and probably a row or two in front and behind; it hasn't been like that for a long, long time!

The only problem was that with so many new fans, especially with a larger pcentage of childrens, it's hard to create any kind of atmosphere.

The problem with the crowd just doesn't affect EFC...it's throughout football now.

The reason is too many woman involved in men's professional football now from pundits right down to too many in the ground.

It won't be long before we see a manager in the men's game.

Is it any wonder that the atmosphere is so terrible at Goodison these days? Just shocking. 38k show up and they're treated to THAT. We can't even make a game againt a league two side easy on ourselves. Everyone is just waiting for the inevitable disaster to happen and when it doesn't people are just to relieved to even be happy. There's absolutely no belief in the club from our fans, how can we be expected to believe in them? The players don't even believe in themselves FFS!

Last edited:
Is it any wonder that the atmosphere is so terrible at Goodison these days? Just shocking. 38k show up and they're treated to THAT. We can't even make a game againt a league two side easy on ourselves. Everyone is just waiting for the inevitable disaster to happen and when it doesn't people are just to relieved to even be happy. There's absolutely no belief in the club from our fans, how can we be expected to believe in them? The players don't even believe in themselves FFS!

We could of beat them 5-0, played brilliantly and the atmosphere would still be crap

Lincoln fans could not believe they have been to Goodison park today, they could have sworn it was a morgue, had to agree with them, plenty of browns when it went wrong...

Goodison is subdued because all Evertonians know in their hearts, that our team will disappoint us. It is now so ingrained that Evertonians have a special nucleotide incorporated into their DNA. All humans have adenosine, guanosine, cytidine,and thymidine, but Evertonians have a 5th...it's called 'Everton that'...and it ruins weekends.

You are totally wrong about the City 4-0 game and I was actually in GT4 that day .
The atmosphere was fantastic.
Goodison crowd is no different today than its ever been....give them something to cheer and they cheer.
Dish up some crap , they let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.