The board and weaponised branding?

Is the club weaponising branding against the fans?

• Yes, the board do not care about our history and are weaponising branding against the fans

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • Yes, but it's not deliberate it's just incompetence

Votes: 24 22.0%
  • Maybe, but nothing stands still

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • No, the badge has always evolved

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • No, I like the new badge and the club's bold commitment to change

Votes: 16 14.7%
  • I think the badge should be changed to cheese on toast

Votes: 21 19.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I said in the kit thread there's a difference between digital branding and the clubs crest / badge being on a kit.

This shouldn't be in replacement of the badge on the shirt.

I always pretty much view the 3rd kit as a 'novelty/experimental' kit, so not that bothered about it really. But the crest has had a few incarnations over the years and the sky has not fallen down on us. Mind you, this change with the 3rd kit may be causing the heatwave ?

Well blues, which is your favourite crest from the past:

OIP.jpeg

I think the board would love to kill off NSNO and the laurel wreaths if they could, also reference to the school of science. They symbolise Everton’s commitment to success which is a constant reminder of this board’s failings. Instead they seem obsessed with bigging up our history of firsts, being the people’s club, and the tower on anything they can.

I honestly think it's a positive step in terms of simplification, but gone a bit too far. There's a boss badge somewhere in between. I imagine lashing it on the third kit was a move to see how many people wet themselves, then they'll do some survey accordingly, to settle on the new badge.

Also, once we stumble our way to another pot, everyone will soon shut up about our history.

The badge has changed multiple times. No incarnation is sacred.

Secondly, the third kit is clearly being marketed as 'street wear' similar to say Venezia FC (although nowhere near as good) - just look at the imagery used in the advertising and the 'retro' design. The use of just the tower might be how the club envisage marketing the 'street wear' stuff over say normal club branding.

The club has properly identified that there is a gap in the market of young adults who wouldn't wear an Everton top, unless playing football or maybe to the match (I wouldn't even wear one to the match personally). The club are probs looking how they can get that section of the market wearing club merch as part of an every day look and thats why they have looked to jump on the retro shirt thing and create a new separate brand identify for it. Only problem with this is that has the massive Stake logo on it.

I always pretty much view the 3rd kit as a 'novelty/experimental' kit, so not that bothered about it really. But the crest has had a few incarnations over the years and the sky has not fallen down on us. Mind you, this change with the 3rd kit may be causing the heatwave ?

I like 83-91 and imagine a modernised version of that is what we're heading towards. Be well happy with that, me.

We complain that Everton need to be ran more like a modern day club and then we complain when they modernise the badge on a 3rd kit.

The one certainty in this uncertain world is that Evertonian's will always find something to be unsatisfied about.

Just a thought here but perhaps we all need to become more modern together. ;)

91-2000

Looks like an old navy tattoo

GoT vets; what was the reaction like in 1938 when we introduced the Tower? Was there a lot of bedwetting?

Status
Not open for further replies.