Sun 23rd Aug Man City (H)
Sat 29th Aug Spurs (A)
Sat 12th Sep Chelsea (H)
Sat 19th Sep Swansea (A)
Mon 28th Sep West Brom (A)
Sat 3rd Oct Liverpool (H)
Sat 17th Oct Man U (H)
Sat 24th Oct Arsenal (A)

Who the hell did this nightmare fixture? Could it be any harder? Top 7 from last year in the first 10 games. We use up all our 'home' games on the harder teams while we are still trying to find form. Most years it takes a while before Everton get going. In last year's case they didn't get going at all.

I'll be laughing if we can get 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses from this. Thoughts?
I will be amazed if we win 4 from that lot.I predict we beat Watford then it will be all downhill from there especially if we have potentially unsettled players in the line up e.g Stones, Mccarthy and Mirallas. Let's not forget when Moyes played unsettled Lescott we lost 1-6 on the opening day.

Everyone plays everyone twice, no point blaming fixtures, if you want to be good enough you have to to try and get the better of all teams. None of this inertia we saw at the beginging of last season, focus from the off.

I quite fancy them to be honest. We raise our game against CL teams and everyone else we have the beating of.

Suck it up and stop moaning about fixtures.

I had enough last year with brown shoes telling me Leicester knocked our season down.

Get out there and do what your paid to do win football matches.

What's this? Pre-moaning before we lose our games so that we can moan and post-moan about them?

I prefer tough start. Bring it on.
I agree Finners, if the players aren't up for the start of the season then they're in the wrong profession.

I will be amazed if we win 4 from that lot.I predict we beat Watford then it will be all downhill from there especially if we have potentially unsettled players in the line up e.g Stones, Mccarthy and Mirallas. Let's not forget when Moyes played unsettled Lescott we lost 1-6 on the opening day.
I'm going to start vaulting you for when neg returns.

Here's our first 10 games.

Sat 8th Aug Watford (H) - win
Sat 15th Aug Southampton (A) - draw
Sun 23rd Aug Man City (H) - win
Sat 29th Aug Spurs (A) - win
Sat 12th Sep Chelsea (H) - lose
Sat 19th Sep Swansea (A) - win
Mon 28th Sep West Brom (A) - draw
Sat 3rd Oct Liverpool (H) - win
Sat 17th Oct Man U (H) - draw
Sat 24th Oct Arsenal (A) - lose

I'm looking forward to the opening fixtures, I was actually hoping for a tough start before the fixtures came out. I'd rather us have to work our socks off from the start than get complacent and start lethargically.

Here's our first 10 games.

Sat 8th Aug Watford (H)
Sat 15th Aug Southampton (A)
Sun 23rd Aug Man City (H)
Sat 29th Aug Spurs (A)
Sat 12th Sep Chelsea (H)
Sat 19th Sep Swansea (A)
Mon 28th Sep West Brom (A)
Sat 3rd Oct Liverpool (H)
Sat 17th Oct Man U (H)
Sat 24th Oct Arsenal (A)

Who the hell did this nightmare fixture? Could it be any harder? Top 7 from last year in the first 10 games. We use up all our 'home' games on the harder teams while we are still trying to find form. Most years it takes a while before Everton get going. In last year's case they didn't get going at all.

I'll be laughing if we can get 4 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses from this. Thoughts?

15Pts out of 30 from 10 games.

1 half will be screaming to sack the clown, ten games is enough (wtf!! Watford, southhampton, Swansea, west brom ffs )

The other half will be saying, yeah well look who we played, give him another ten games

which will go which ever way it does

Then it will be wait until after the Window

and before you know it we'll be back at 2 week before the start of the season again...xxMillion in the hole and nothing to show for it.

Not arsed. We came 11th so were gonna be playing teams that finished above us for most of the season. Need to turn over a lot of teams before their new signings settle and gel. Rather that run of games at the start of the season than the end though.

One of the bonuses of these fixtures is that few teams are going to sit back against us. We're MUCH better at counter-attacking than we are with any expectations. At least...we were.

I think it does actually.

For instance look at last season. Due to poor preparation we weren't conditioned properly to last 90 minutes against the big boys early on, and from being in a comfortable position against Arsenal we let a 2 goal lead slip. The following week the best team in the league turn up and we're still under cooked and although we put up a fight they steam roll us easily. By that point it's obvious to everyone we've not been properly prepared for the season and we've faced two top teams who didn't need to be in top gear to beat us. If we'd had played say teams like Villa or Sunderland would we have had a better chance of beating them while not being at our best or fittest? I reckon we could have got away with it, or at least not took a confidence sapping 6-3 home defeat. Suddenly after 3 games we've gone from being a team with a solid water tight defence, one of the best in the league, to team leaking goals and looking a mess. You can't say that didn't effect how the season began to unravel.

The key to a good season is starting off well and gaining confidence and momentum quickly, a run of Newly promoted team>Southampton>City>Spurs>Chelsea would never be easy but with it coming at the beginning of the season while your trying to find a rhythm and confidence it's a tougher ask. If things don't go well then and the next batch of games consists of Liverpool>Utd>Arsenal we could be looking at a very large gap between us and the top teams before the clocks have turned back. A good start will be vital to how our season pans out and these fixtures don't make it easy in any way for us.

If you could hand pick a sequence of the first 10 games there's no way anyone on here would choose it like this.

Surely that's the Club/managements fault for us not being prepared/fit, nothing to do with the fixtures really.

It's all excuses... oh we are playing the big boys and we aren't ready...thursday sunday is ruining us...too many games over christmas.

All rubbish the season starts august every year, the team should be ready regardless of opposition.

Status
Not open for further replies.