The Abuse of Heitinga on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not condoning it but.... You've put yourself out there on twitter, you take the abuse given or close it down.

Nonsense. I have a Twitter account but it doesn't give people the right to abuse me via it. What next? If he goes shopping at the local Tesco is he putting himself out there for abuse?

Twitter should be a fantastic mechanism for fans to reconnect with the players we so admire, after the riches of the PL era has largely driven a gap between them and us. Lets not be complete bell-ends and ruin that.

Why? He FULLY deserved to be booed!

Yeah coz he intended to play badly didnt he?

We have some idiot "fans" (not you by the way, im just following on with another point!) and it does my head in.

Heitinga is one of the more approachable footballers on twitter too so if hes getting abuse thats really poor.

Heitinga should not take all the blame - he received no support from the def mids - and was left exposed 1on 1 -
all our defensive players should take collective responsibillity for allowing Villa to score 3 times out of 4 attempts -
all 3 their goals came from the same side - our left - we had a problem there today -
we on the other hand had abot 24 chances to also only score 3 - part of the problem getting only 1 point today -
Heitinga did not have a good game but neither did Gibson

Yeah coz he intended to play badly didnt he?

We have some idiot "fans" (not you by the way, im just following on with another point!) and it does my head in.

Heitinga is one of the more approachable footballers on twitter too so if hes getting abuse thats really poor.

Well by the same logic it seems ok that if a poster says something silly or wrong or whatever that they are open to a torrent of abuse. They're putting themselves out there on the web and all.

Some folks really do need to look in the mirror. By all means accept that someone played badly, but to call them all manner of names. Good grief.

Well by the same logic it seems ok that if a poster says something silly or wrong or whatever that they are open to a torrent of abuse. They're putting themselves out there on the web and all.

Some folks really do need to look in the mirror. By all means accept that someone played badly, but to call them all manner of names. Good grief.

Think Papa's taking the opposite view you're attributing to him actually. He's against the abuse.

It's not just Heitinga that gets abuse on twitter some of the abuse Naismith gets is appalling

Nonsense. I have a Twitter account but it doesn't give people the right to abuse me via it. What next? If he goes shopping at the local Tesco is he putting himself out there for abuse?

Twitter should be a fantastic mechanism for fans to reconnect with the players we so admire, after the riches of the PL era has largely driven a gap between them and us. Lets not be complete bell-ends and ruin that.
Sounds nice in theory but in the real world people do things that they shouldn't do. People shouldn't steal but that doesn't mean I leave my car or house unlocked. By being on twitter he is making it easy for people to insult him.

Status
Not open for further replies.