THE 2021/2022 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are any of these signing we're making likely to bring us significantly closer to the top? Or have the better teams all strengthened too?
Maybe, and hopefully, All these signings are top Quality. but the top 3 of City, chelsea and Arsenal have for many years been way ahead of everyone one else, with man utd been classed as the 4th best the last few years

Arsenal have so far made 4 new signings but have a new boss, Man utd also have a new boss and have signed 5 players basically in the last week, and Chelsea are full of Quality and have only 2 new signings so far, City have 3,

We were in the final details of sorting 2 more players last friday as well as saying Galli and the keeper

Maybe, and hopefully, All these signings are top Quality. but the top 3 of City, chelsea and Arsenal have for many years been way ahead of everyone one else, with man utd been classed as the 4th best the last few years

Arsenal have so far made 4 new signings but have a new boss, Man utd also have a new boss and have signed 5 players basically in the last week, and Chelsea are full of Quality and have only 2 new signings so far, City have 3,

We were in the final details of sorting 2 more players last friday as well as saying Galli and the keeper

Yeh all sounds promising on paper, hopefully catch them up soon

1627496456629.png

1627575095893.png

Gabby George has extended her stay with Everton after putting pen-to-paper on a new three-year contract.

The new deal will make it a decade the 24-year-old will spend with the Blues as the team embarks on an exciting new chapter.

The young defender experienced a difficult spell through injury over the course of 2020, having ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee in February 2020 and was unable to undergo surgery until four months later due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, the defender is getting back to her best after making her comeback against Tottenham Hotspur in the new year.

With the injury behind her, George says she now wants to become one of the world’s best defenders.

“It’s been a long-time coming,” she told evertontv.

“It’s been a difficult previous year for me and I’m happy that the Club have extended my contact so I can show what I can bring to the table.

“I think the next three years are going to be vital in terms of the player that I want to become.

Since Willie [Kirk] has come in, I have developed as a person and as a player.

“I want to continue to do that and take my game to the next level.

“I’ve always been a player that’s been driven internally.

“External things don’t motivate me; it all comes from within.

“There’s no point doing something if you’re going to do it to be the best that you can.

“I want to set out goals that are big and goals that I think that this Club can help me reach.”

Manager Kirk was pleased to retain the services of a player who knows what it means to fight for the Everton badge.

“It’s great news for us,” he told evertonfc.com.

“Since I’ve been here, Gabby has been a pivotal member of the squad.

“We missed her quite a bit when she had that long-term ACL injury.

“As we expected, she came back even stronger and in an even better physical condition.

“She got a run of games last season which will set her up well for next season.”

1627575660046.png

Last edited:

View attachment 134614

Gabby George has extended her stay with Everton after putting pen-to-paper on a new three-year contract.

The new deal will make it a decade the 24-year-old will spend with the Blues as the team embarks on an exciting new chapter.

The young defender experienced a difficult spell through injury over the course of 2020, having ruptured the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee in February 2020 and was unable to undergo surgery until four months later due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

However, the defender is getting back to her best after making her comeback against Tottenham Hotspur in the new year.

With the injury behind her, George says she now wants to become one of the world’s best defenders.

“It’s been a long-time coming,” she told evertontv.

“It’s been a difficult previous year for me and I’m happy that the Club have extended my contact so I can show what I can bring to the table.

“I think the next three years are going to be vital in terms of the player that I want to become.

Since Willie [Kirk] has come in, I have developed as a person and as a player.

“I want to continue to do that and take my game to the next level.

“I’ve always been a player that’s been driven internally.

“External things don’t motivate me; it all comes from within.

“There’s no point doing something if you’re going to do it to be the best that you can.

“I want to set out goals that are big and goals that I think that this Club can help me reach.”

Manager Kirk was pleased to retain the services of a player who knows what it means to fight for the Everton badge.

“It’s great news for us,” he told evertonfc.com.

“Since I’ve been here, Gabby has been a pivotal member of the squad.

“We missed her quite a bit when she had that long-term ACL injury.

“As we expected, she came back even stronger and in an even better physical condition.

“She got a run of games last season which will set her up well for next season.”

View attachment 134615

Always liked George as a player.

Here are the 3 Teams Everton Women have been drew against in the Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup -
Man City will go into Group B if they fail to qualify for the UWCL--Dates and times to be confirmed, but 1st Game is set for 13th/14th October

1627649099969.png

Exclusive - We will sadly be saying goodbye to a big name player soon [all will be revealed in due course], while we are still in talks with the Swedish wonder kid and Scott ?

Would the big name player be Hayley Raso? OS have never mentioned her when reporting on our players at the Olympics, even though Australia are in the semi finals.

Everton women will also have at least one player in the Olympics Final - either Raso for Aus or our new Swedish duo of Anna Anvegard & Nathalie Bjorn, that final is at the mental time of 3am uk time - which off course means for some reason kick off is 11am local time which is a little odd,
The Bronze Medal Match is at a more normal uk time of 9am which off course is 5pm Local

Everton Women kickstarted their pre-season campaign with a 2-1 win over Rangers at USM Finch Farm on Saturday.

Rikke Sevecke and Nicoline Sørensen were on target for Blues, with Jane Ross scoring for the Glasgow side.

There were several new faces for the Blues as new signings Courtney Brosnan, Leonie Maier, Kenza Dali and Aurora Galli got on the park to earn their first minutes for the Club.

Manager Willie Kirk also gave opportunities to several of the Blues' Under-20s stars, as Lois Moore, Faye Kirby, Losie Smith and Kenzie Weir all impressed.

Sevecke gave the Blues an early lead as she rose to meet Claire Emslie’s ball in from the touchline to head home after six minutes.

The visitors levelled through former Manchester United striker Ross, when she slotted past Brosnan on the 58-minute mark.

Just as the match appeared to be edging towards a draw, Sørensen charged down the right flank and fired the ball into the far top corner to seal a win for Everton in the Toffees' first test of the summer.

It was a good physical test against a Scottish side who begin their season next weekend in the Scottish Women’s Premier League Cup.

Focus now turns to another home pre-season friendly as Blackburn Rovers make the trip to USM Finch Farm next weekend.

A double Danish... good times!

No idea how competitive Rangers are but a good start to the pre-season regardless.

Status
Not open for further replies.