THE 2021/2022 EVERTON WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
If only Everton would have won Saturday, as all results went their way, They could have been only 1 point behind 3rd if they had beat Brighton and then beat Man utd next week

FDnnV94WEAARHo-

FDnlV0-WEAIfsgm

We've got some serious work to do! GD is terrible isn't it
Gets no easier v Man utd who we are yet to beat in the league, infact we are yet to draw in the 4 league games, in total since their comeback we have lost 6 from 7, with our last win coming last December in the conti cup which was a little meaningless in Reality as they were out and we needed to win about 9-0 to go through, but you still want to win off course,, they play each other again in the conti cup near enough same date next month were the game that night may have something riding on it if scores go right

Always interested to gauge the level of support for Everton teams. I guess you are not?
Be interesting when we move grounds. The full house at Goodison was partly thanks to large contingent of Spurs fans. Watched the Arsenal womens' game on TV, there seemed to be a fair number there.

Always interested to gauge the level of support for Everton teams. I guess you are not?
Be interesting when we move grounds. The full house at Goodison was partly thanks to large contingent of Spurs fans. Watched the Arsenal womens' game on TV, there seemed to be a fair number there.
Okkkaaaayyyyyy.......

Did you watch the Everton match? I'm not sure the Women's team is moving grounds. You have asked several times about attendance at WSL matches but your comments seem to apply to the PL matches.

Seriously asking - are you in the right thread?

Also, if you look closely, the numbers I gave for attendance are obviously facetious....

This is a difficult one. Yes you are right I should not drift into the mens's attendances on this thread and whether we might fill the new stadium in 2023/2024. Clearly the lack of interest in the women's game is reflected in the paucity of responses to this thread. There are only approx. 2-3 people if you exclude me who ever say anything on this thread. The palpable lack of interest may indicate it should not be in the main Everton Forum menu at all? I disagree with that, as where else should it be? How you work up any interest at all is beyond me. The answer seems to be that if, as some claim "millions" are watching it on TV, it is irrelevant that very few pay to watch it. The Americans have a sort of answer in that the female game there is the paramount soccer game and is way above the mens' game. However soccer there is a minor sport about 5th behind Baseball, Hockey, American Football and Basketball. It does not have to compete. Here it has to compete with the mens' game which is our top sport and cannot do so for very obvious reasons.

The Women's game is expected to be the 4th most watched league/sport on sky this season - the top 2 leagues and cricket are classed as been the top 3 it was said last week, Whether its at the ground or on TV it has a lot of support, support can be via either, its not just classed as for those at the ground, if you get to the game great, if not - its not a crime, no one has to come in the thread if they dont want to, no one is getting forced to, but the thread about the Girls will always be here if some dont want it or not, Everton if u18s/u23s/1st team/Womens team is Everton ;)

By the way The USA team are way more successful than the Mens USA team as well, and make the USA etc a lot more money

Last edited:
It will take years to increase the attendances but it is right that they persevere with it. Arsenal have been brilliant in the womens game for decades so no surprise there. My 6 year old loves playing footy and I hope her generation have the opportunity to have players to look up to and watch. Really don’t want to be watching her play netball when footy is so much more enjoyable to watch.

These are pretty good average viewing figures and one of the most watched men or women's sports on TV, it shows the Women's game is growing fast

The FA aims to triple WSL attendances within the next three years, WSL fixtures have attracted an average of one million viewers across Sky Sports and the BBC in the opening five weeks

The FA has a new three-year strategy to grow the women's professional game and is targeting, amongst other plans: Average WSL crowds of 6,000 by the year 2024 And that a minimum of 50% of the head coaches across England's top two women's divisions are female (currently 46%)

Last edited:
Game at the Minute happens the day the Clocks have gone forward, so that current time of Midday KO may not help a lot of people, but should change for TV, if and were time will tell

Frédéric Piquionne and Franck Plaine have joined Everton Women as part of manager Jean-Luc Vasseur’s backroom staff.

Piquionne has been appointed Assistant Manager and will have specific focus on coaching and tactics, with Performance Manager Plaine focusing on physical performance and sports science.

Unreal to see Nicoline Sorensen walking today without crutches just 4 weeks after her op, Looks like the 9 to 12 months out may be a lot less with the speed she is going at, but early days yet

Status
Not open for further replies.