THE 2019/2020 EVERTON LADIES WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUNDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER 2PM KO
WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE
BIRMINGHAM WOMEN 0 EVERTON WOMEN 1

Well its a new beginning with Everton bringing in 6 new players while releasing 5, with that bring's new hope and today was the big kick off for Everton Women looking to improve on there 10th plac finish last season with 3 league wins only, and it all began at Birmingham Women in a repeat of the 1st game of last season at Solihull Moors Stadium, which Everton lost 1-0 to a goal after 42 seconds, this is the 1st of 2 meetings between the 2 in 2 weeks, the other been the WSL Cup at the same venue,Birmingham themselves had brought in 5 new players while letting 10 leave

Experienced Keeper Korpela was one of 4 players to make there debut, Pike, Morgan and Graham were the other 3 for Everton, Onto the game and the 1st minute was different to last seasons game,this time Kaagman had a long range free kick for Everton easy for the keeper in the 1st 30 seconds,walker then had Birmingham's 1st chance which again was easy for the Everton keeper on 4mins, while Meg Finnigan had the Birmingham keeper scrambling to get down to save her header on 5mins, On 17mins Luck Graham then saw her diving header from an angled cross off the free kick saved well,after a pretty decent opening 20 odd mins Birmingham began to slowly get into the game with Lucy Staniforth's inswinging free kick causing Korpela a little problem,ex Toffee Claudia Walker then saw her flicked right footed shot from a left wing cross brush the side of the netting after a deflection on 30mins, Korpela on 35mins then pushed a long range shot over the bar from Staniforth after she cut in on the left angle of the box,before 30 seconds later Abbi Grant seen her header for Birmingham just go wide as Birmingham threatened more as the half went on,Everton then somehow failed to score on 40mins when Magill had her shot saved yards out,with Chloe kelly failing on the follow up before it was cleared,A Dangerous free kick on the left from Staniforth for Birmingham then went all the way through defence and out in injury time when it only needed a touch for the goal, the score 0-0 HT,

But in the 1st minute of the 2nd half just like the 1st half Everton started on fire and took the lead less than 40 seconds into it when Everton took the lead via a deflection from Harrop when hannah cain nicked the ball away in midfield ran down the left and her cross was turned in,1-0 EVERTON WOMEN,on 52mins it should have been 2 when Molly Pike shot wide after good work down the right,Gabby George on 57mins at the back post and no one marking her then failed to score with a header from a Kelly corner when it looked easier to score, that was 3 goals Everton may have had early 2nd half, Chloe Arthur then had a long range shot from around 30 yards just go wide with the Everton keeper not sure on that chance on 60mins,Birmingham then had a corner from Staniforth that Korpela missed on 77mins with Williams not able to do anything back post with it for Birmingham,Grant on 84 then tried to lob the Everton keeper but didnt have enough lob, But IT ENDED 1-0 EVERTON WOMEN, it was an excellent away win against last season's 4th placed team and already equaled each of what Everton Women had achieved each of the last 2 seasons away, infront of a crowd of 873 today,that was 270 more viewing than on 1st day same venue last season

EVERTON SCORER OG KERRY HARROP

EVERTON WOMENS TEAM

Korpela, Finnigan, Morgan, George, Turner, Pike, Graham, Kaagman, Kelly, Cain, Magill,
Subs Levell, Hinds, Brougham, van Es, Hughes, Clemaron, Bryson,

SUBS
Hughes for Kaagman 71 mins
Hinds for Cain 90 mins
van Es for Morgan 90 mins

This weekend has seen 3 of what you can class as goals of the season,man city,Chelsea and Reading all scoring beautys

Next Everton Women's game is Bristol City a week today with a 12.30pm ko

----------------------------
This was some of the action from Pre Season

Everton
In's this season =
Tinja-Riikka Korpela, Kika van Es, Maeva Clemaron, Lucy Graham, Molly Pike, Esme Morgan (loan)
Out's this season = Angharad James, Siri Worm, Rebecca Flaherty, Olivia Chance, Emma Brownlee

Last edited:

Still dont understand why people watch birds footy.

It's free, it's Everton and I had nothing planned for the afternoon.

I've also been to a few matches over the years with the kids in my family (a good friend of mine has taken his step daughter too). It gets them in to Everton without having to take them to Goodison which can be a bit overwhelming and much more restrictive with them having to stay in their seat.

It just baffles me mate.

Im very much entitled to my 1960s views like.

But you are indeed correct, I will refrain from expressing them in future.

I have a 10 year old daughter who wants to be a footballer and she has heroes to watch like we do.in the women game you don't get diving or faking injuries like the mens game, its a breath of fresh air tbh. I have a season ticket for the main stand and yeah the women game is different but its Everton still

So, this Sunday, it's early Blues for me - Women kick off at 530am followed by the Men at 7am in my time zone, in Denver. Coffee and a bagel for me while watching Everton.
All Everton womens League home games are a 12.30ko,bar one in Jan which for some unknown reason is a 7pm sunday night kick off-though i think it has something to do with Liverpool playing man utd prem game which is surely going to the sunday for tv,[Games from November should be at Walton Park]

Status
Not open for further replies.