THE 2019/2020 EVERTON LADIES WOMENS SUPER LEAGUE & CUP GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven’t followed the Ladies team for quite a while (Rachel Unitt was still playing for us) what actually happened to our women’s team? as when I followed it there was pretty much us and Arsenal as the top dogs and then there was the rest

Haven’t followed the Ladies team for quite a while (Rachel Unitt was still playing for us) what actually happened to our women’s team? as when I followed it there was pretty much us and Arsenal as the top dogs and then there was the rest
Bill Kenwright :whip:

Basically everything has been going downhill for a number of years including Relegation not long back while the better players left,and more left when they got relegated as they wanted to play in the top league, while there was hardly any to no investment at Everton others were gaining money from owners etc,Everton only for yeovil been so bad may have been relegated last season,as yeovil who got a 10 point deduction only won 2 games in 3 and a half years and in typical style were both v Everton,Everton may well end up favs to be relegated this season

From what I can gather only Chelsea and City fund their ladies' team adequately and pay their players a fairly substantial wage. Those two teams dominate the womens' league as a result. The rest, including Everton do not bother very much, and we at Everton have been relegation candidates. The Championship below us is apparently of a very low standard and none are professional as far as I know. Now that the World Cup tournament with the better City and Chelsea players has passed with relative failure, there is a risk that the league games will continue in anonymity until the next international tournament. There is talk of forcing the women's league profile by playing games at the mens' stadia on Saturdays. I suggested this some time ago. I doubt that the BBC would televise them though. The main focus inevitably is on the mens' game between August and May.

Liverpool got quite a big investment and went from been by bottom to winning the league 2 years in a row not to long ago,including the 2nd one needing to win by a certain amount while needing the top 2 at the time not to.now they have gone pretty much the same

Status
Not open for further replies.