Team of your life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southall
Stevens/Ratcliffe/Lescott/Baines
Steven Fellaini Reid Sheedy
Sharp, Rooney

Subs: Martyn, Mountfield, Van Den Hauwe, Bracewell, Arteta, Jelavic, Grey

Am a bit bemused by people who've clearly seen Dave Watson play (because they've picked Ratcliffe) and yet have partnered either Mountfield or Lescott with Ratters. Watson was a titan; a legend.

I didn't put him in my team/squad but haven't as an afterthought seen a mention for
Beardsley,he literally carried us for a couple of years,pity we had an otherwise terrible side at that time,he was so good you could have added him into the mix around 84-87 IMHO.

Beardsley was too good for us at that time. He would see passes which his team mates didnt which at times meant he gave the ball away through no fault of his own.

Am a bit bemused by people who've clearly seen Dave Watson play (because they've picked Ratcliffe) and yet have partnered either Mountfield or Lescott with Ratters. Watson was a titan; a legend.

Agreed, Watson and Ratcliffe in his pomp would have been unbeatable.

Southall
Stevens, Ratcliffe, Lescott, Baines.
Kanchelskis, Reid, Fellaini, Sheedy
Beardsley
Lineker

Cheeky Beardsley pick there - he was still playing at a really high level when he was with us, at least as far as my memory goes. He can't be spoken about in the same terms as the real legends - was with us for too short a time, the team were ****e, he's a RS etc., but in terms of quality there are very few in his class.

GK: Southall
RB: Steven
CB: Ratcliffe
CB: Watson
LB:Baines
RM: Kanchelskis
CM: Reid
CM: Arteta
LM: Sheedy
CF: Gray
CF: Jelavic

The hardest bit for me is RM, Trevor Steven was my hero growing up, he was awesome and Kanchelskis is just too good to leave out of any best XI anyone has ever seen at Goodison!

I'd go go for a 4-3-3 to accommodate them both

Southall
Stevens
Dave Watson
Phil Jagielka
Leighton Baines

Trevor Steven
Peter Reid
Mikel Arteta

Kancheslkis
Gary Linekar
Wayne Rooney

southall

stevens watson radcliffe baines

steven reid bracewell sheedy

sharp gray

subs heath mountfield pienaar lineker fellaini latchford lyons

like to add a "new" guy which has yet been listed... why no one consider "him".
I think he is a great evertonian...

southall

stevens watson radcliffe baines

kanchelskis reid "speed" sheedy

beardsley lineker

Southall (saw him at the masters, that counts ffs)

Tonio Hibbertinho
Dave Watson
Sylvain Distin
Leighton Baines

Van Der Meyde
Fellaini
Arteta
Pienaar

Rooney
Ferguson

Southall (saw him at the masters, that counts ffs)

Tonio Hibbertinho
Dave Watson
Sylvain Distin
Leighton Baines

Van Der Meyde
Fellaini
Arteta
Pienaar

Rooney
Ferguson

I appreciate that you may be a relative youngster and not had the pleasure of witnessing a Kanchelskis or Steven, but I'd say Kevin Mirallas has in 4 or 5 games already achieved more than VDM achieved in 3.5 years at the club

Status
Not open for further replies.