Taxi fare's to airport.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Towards the end of last season and once already this season some of our lads heading to the airport from the ground after the match have had taxi drivers try and overcharge them. It usually sets us back twenty quid but lads have been charged near thirty quid. At the spurs game five of our bunch were being charged £30 and they had words with the driver who apologized saying he had the meter on peak setting by mistake and only took twenty off the lads. Any other of us foreign blues come across this lately?
I got a taxi from the arkles to the airport after spurs last season £17

Thing is the taxi drivers are using to over charging Kopites but need to learn that is no acceptable to do with Evertonians.

Ask them first how much, they know how much that ride will cost give or take a bob or two, they have done it enough times.

What winds me up is the "what do you usually pay?" trick to see if you have a rough idea of the usual price.

I just reply with a really cheap figure now if they do.

Tbh taxis I've used for the same journey (centre to Goodison, none of them prebooked) all roughly work about the same, so no complaints here

Here we go: "taxi drivers are always trying it on".

Probably not being overcharged, probably using hackneys rather than Private Hire, or going after midnight, or picking a time that necessitates a driver going the long way round to dodge traffic.

Probably hundreds of cabbies sat in with us at the match but we're happy to give em a slaggin.

And if you're that arsed, use Uber, everything recorded.

A fella who was a friend, told me how good it was for fiddling. He used to pray for rain! He'd go into Town in his Hackney, usually after
10:00pm to give the punters time to get a few down their necks. He'd look for groups of around 4 just pub hopping, if the fare was between
£3 and a fiver and a £20 note was given to him, he would fumble around in the front for a time, reach back over his shoulder with a fiver
and say to the fare "Just give us a minute to sort the rest of your change out", the fare would be frustrated because his mates had got off,
and lots of times the fare would say "Oh, keep the change", by the time he'd realised what had happened, the driver had gone like 'a
thief in the night'. And yes, he was and is a kopite.

Towards the end of last season and once already this season some of our lads heading to the airport from the ground after the match have had taxi drivers try and overcharge them. It usually sets us back twenty quid but lads have been charged near thirty quid. At the spurs game five of our bunch were being charged £30 and they had words with the driver who apologized saying he had the meter on peak setting by mistake and only took twenty off the lads. Any other of us foreign blues come across this lately?
Get there badge numbers and report them . Vermin

use Uber... cuts this out

Status
Not open for further replies.