Tactics | Gameplan

In a way I think we have to swallow our pride, I think we demand going at teams and if I was critical of the manger I think he feels he has to live up to that.

There needs to be an acknowledgment t that overall we lack quality for front foot football and taking the innitive, if we go after games, we are exposed. Teams know if they sit back, we won’t score and they have a fair chance on the counter - it’s how beat Everton. It’s the problem at home.

For me we have to accept our players are limited, we need to play as we do away at home, contain, draw teams out and counter.

No way we have the ability to break teams down.

We need to accept that despite the Gary O Neill beautiful football brigade.

I remember the days when Everton were known for quality football, when being an Everton supporter imparted a certain swagger a sense of pride .
Now good Evertonians mock their fellow fans who still aspire to watching good brave football and attempt to glorify and justify a second rate manager and his negative, limited football .
Saddens me a lot .
We deserve the irrelevance we have achieved.

….that sounds very noble but the state of the club is what’s sad. I think this manager is as good as anybody in getting a tune out of this squad.

I’m amazed posters think a new manage will have us playing like Man City. The squad is what it is.

….that sounds very noble but the state of the club is what’s sad. I think this manager is as good as anybody in getting a tune out of this squad.

I’m amazed posters think a new manage will have us playing like Man City. The squad is what it is.
Not one person as said that though Eggs.

Most posters want Everton to be the aggressor in home games and have an attacking way of approaching those games

But he isnt getting a tune out of this squad.
And I do wish people would stop suggesting that the only option is ‘playing like Man City ‘ or the turgid football Dyche offers . There a multitude of styles and options in between those two extremes. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous and deliberately reductive.
A good manager coaches a team that amounts to more than the sum of its parts .
For me , Dyche is not a good manager.

Agree.

It isn't his ethos or even his 'philosophy' that winds me up - it's his complete lack of tactical & technical flexibility which does my head in. He literally hasn't been willing to address the lack of goalscoring at all simply because 'the xG this' and 'the xG that'..

You can't just sit around hoping that the chance conversion magically improves whilst never actually looking to change anything in the process..

But he isnt getting a tune out of this squad.
And I do wish people would stop suggesting that the only option is ‘playing like Man City ‘ or the turgid football Dyche offers . There a multitude of styles and options in between those two extremes. To suggest otherwise is disingenuous and deliberately reductive.
A good manager coaches a team that amounts to more than the sum of its parts .
For me , Dyche is not a good manager.

….i actually think Dyche is very good, I’d love to see him with quality at his disposal.

Saying that, you make a very valid point about ‘not getting a tune out of his players’. I’m not getting a sense of that, but if a Manager loses the dressing room then that is a different consideration.

….i actually think Dyche is very good, I’d love to see him with quality at his disposal.

Saying that, you make a very valid point about ‘not getting a tune out of his players’. I’m not getting a sense of that, but if a Manager loses the dressing room then that is a different consideration.
It's the exact same but with better players.

Stubborn is as stubborn does - same as Moyes knowing a certain way to play and going to United and setting up the exact same way, even going as far as buying Fellaini.