Sympathy with Kenwright

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s been “not well” for about 5 years now hasn’t he? See this one trotted out every time he starts getting a bit of backlash.

Leave Bill alone, he's transitioning.

AHBillanda3 .jpg

I have never felt anger against Bill Kenwright, as has been pointed out by many his biggest failing was being just a millionaire instead of a billionaire (knife to a gunfight).

I feel that at the moment he is the voice of reason on the board against the mad notions and poor advice that seem to govern the actions of the owner.

I do understand that he is the visible face of ownership and it is understandable that anger is directed at him even though he can only advise.

He has many failings and we are an utter farce, but until someone comes up with a concrete, better alternative for the future of the club him and Moshiri are still gonna be here. All this board out clap trap is a load of angry lids in dream land.
Who is gonna step up and take us forward? When we see a serious alternative is the time for the board out shouts.

The hate is way over the top, he's not perfect but I'm glad we've got him fighting our corner at this terrible time. Out of Moshiri and Kenwright, I'd choose Kenwright (money aside). Protest against the man who's doing the real damage, you know who it is!.. Kenwright is just an easier target for lazy protests.

It is Moshiris club now so think people should leave some of the historic fume behind.

He is 76 years old, so easy with the personal confrontations - there are other ways to protest than intimidating an old man.

He is 76 years old and won't be chairman forever.

What's all this nonsense I am hearing from some quarters about the protests wrongly 'targeting' Kenwright instead of Moshiri?

For starters the protests are targeting the whole board and not just Kenwright and the only reason he got swamped on Saturday and his picture got spray painted is because the big-egoed get likes to put himself in the limelight where the rest of the board hide away.

People are also pointing to the '11 years of stability' we enjoyed under Moyes and Kenwright before Moshiri's mad wrecking ball came in and destroyed it all. But can I point out that prior to those 11 years were a 15 year fall from grace from the very top of the English game to constant relegation battles all under the full or partial leadership of Blue Bill.
One man puts 700m into the club the other moves into a cushty paid role with millions having never put a penny in of his own cash. Sold every saleable asset of the club over the years. What you're seeing now is years of gross mismanagement of the club coming to fruition and by all accounts according to Moshiris own letter Bill is very much running the club day to day therefore him and the board are responsible for mismanagement of Moshiri's funds. Why would we be annoyed at the man pumping money in and not the people tasked with the day to day spending? Bill has overseen our worst period of history. He's been here since 1989. Fans have a right to ask for his removal from the board and any decision making.

He’s been “not well” for about 5 years now hasn’t he? See this one trotted out every time he starts getting a bit of backlash.
Yes he’s been at deaths door two or three times, according to some of his supporters, always when Everton are struggling, maybe if he “ just done one “ we’d all be okay.

I have no sympathy with angry mobs who after shouting into an echo chamber to fire 9ne another up and based on no inside knowledge but pure speculation from a malicious, sociopathic [Poor language removed] stirring, click bait driven media set out to express opinions via graffiti and angrily target individuals personally.

Why? Because I am still in touch with my humanity. The good humanity that is, not the self-obsessed 'give all attention to me now' 21st century humanity.

The board want success as much as we do. Add to that the millions the owner has put into the club, that I haven't, I'm prepared to give them some slack. He doesn't want failure either. I wish we were doing better, I wish we weren't a laughing stock in the media - but the only thing I know I have power and knowledge to do is to retain my human dignity.
I wish Kenwright had one per cent of your dignity and humanity.

I don't have sympathy with him, since he mostly brought it all on himself.

However I absolutely DO think that any protest or protestor that targets him over Moshiri is completely missing the mark. Kenwright has a 1% stake in the club, and there are a good number of people for whom getting rid of him seems to be a bigger priority than either shifting or influencing the decision making of Moshiri, who controls 94% of the club and whose decision making has us in an absolute nosedive.

I reserve my sympathy for the homeless, the discriminated, the handicaps, the orphans and many more. Definitely not for this lying attention seeker.

Had a couple of reports ask us to close/merge this with the Everton board thread or the existing Kenwright thread.

Probably right, so I'll close this and ask to continue discussion here;

Status
Not open for further replies.