Sylvain Distin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was under the impression that Distin rejected the move to West Ham as he wanted longer than the 6 months on offer. Martinez probably wanted rid but when he came back if he considered him a bad apple the only thing to do was keep him away from the first team as they were struggling big time.

Off topic, what you do in your own time is your business. Distins input over his time here deserves a decent send off, which sadly wont happen. Stones is a massive upgrade mind.
Agree entirely, a few minutes at the end of the Spurs game wouldn't hurt anyone and would give those of us who
liked Distin a chance to show our appreciation of a very good player,in my opinion.

Off topic, what you do in your own time is your business. Distins input over his time here deserves a decent send off, which sadly wont happen. Stones is a massive upgrade mind.
It was on topic because that was what the subject matter was around the time i posted that

spiltmilk.gif

£5 mil was good value for money. His strength and pace were an asset in many games over the years. Time for him to move on though as he has gone downhill this season and fallen out of favour with RM and supporters. Good luck with your new club Sylvain;)

I was under the impression that Distin rejected the move to West Ham as he wanted longer than the 6 months on offer. Martinez probably wanted rid but when he came back if he considered him a bad apple the only thing to do was keep him away from the first team as they were struggling big time.

....we are not a charity, though. The player was under contract and if RM thought he might be needed then he had to stay. The fact that he has rarely started isn't an issue, he has been handsomely paid for us to utilise as and when required.

For example, imagine you've been in your job for the past 20 years. For 19 years you did an excellent job and was frequently employee of the month. Then just after your 19th year you begin to drop off performance wise, being unable to fulfil your duties.

You'd expect a sacking, wouldn’t you?

I like Sylvain, I really do. But he has been one of our worst players this season, only Alcaraz and Howard being worse. I understand his thoughts, but at the end of the day there's no room for sentiment in a profession like football I'm afraid. Remember when we re-signed Jeffers? Only ends in tears.

Soz Sylv, off you pop.

Status
Not open for further replies.