SWP???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind him but we won't get him. I think he'll stay down South personally.

I also always have a feeling that Moyes doesn't like natural wingers. Every winger he's had has failed here, the likes of Van der Meyde, Blonquist and Rodrigo all spring to mind.

I feel he likes drifters, central players that move all over the place and can occupy central and wide positions. Defensively the likes of Pienaar, Osman and also offer alot more than your average winger.

Alot of wingers are luxury players. They stand outwide and only do one thing: hit the byline and look for the cross. Moyes likes team players who get involved everywhere.

Arsene Wenger does a similar thing at Arsenal.

I guess there's another stumbling block now that I am thinking about it and that would be his overinflated wages which Roman pumps into his bank account. Probably also sitting on 60k/week PLUS....

For me Ossie is more of a bench/impact player. Will all respect to him he should not be in the starting 11. Arteta needs to move to the middle of the park to dictate play. He is NOT a winger. He's a PLAYMAKER!

Moutinho can play centrally next season or Fernandes.:p

If we don't get them then I agree Arteta should move centrally.

I ,d like him but i think he will end up at portsmouth
I agree it will come down to two things pompey are nearer to his family his Brother is at Southmpton.But mainly it will be cash and its sad to think that Portsmouth can pay more wages than we do.Although if as seems likly that AJ is Fulham bound there is a chunk of the salary budget in the bank.

He's a winger...what has size got to do with it? He needs pace and balls skills...He has certainly made us look silly the last few times he has played against us for Chelsea

didn`t he score the winning header against us in the first leg of the semi final???

DM likes the one striker!!!

Just think

...............Howard

Neville Jagielka Lescott Baines

..............Fernandes

...........Arteta.......Cahill

Wright Phillips ............ Pienaar

.................Yakubu

Sheer Class, Pace and flair all over the pitch!!!!

Subs would be:-
Hibbert
Yobo
Ossie
VDM
Anichebe
Vaughan
BAXTER

Last edited:
DM likes the one striker!!!

Just think

...............Howard

Neville Jagielka Lescott Baines

..............Fernandes

...........Arteta.......Cahill

Wright Phillips ............ Pienaar

.................Yakubu

Sheer Class, Pace and flair all over the pitch!!!!

Subs would be:-
Hibbert
Yobo
Ossie
VDM
Anichebe
Vaughan
BAXTER

Is Right!

SWP never really struck me as an Everton kind of player(mind you either did Yakubu). I don't think he is versatile enough for moyes to shell out any kind of money on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.