Swansea City Vs. Everton - CO Cup 3rd Round - Tuesday 23rd Sept - 19:45 KO

Status
Not open for further replies.
if I hear Roberto using the words -unique-uncharacteristic etc I get my baseball bat, the one with the rusty nails through it. That performance was shocking. To bring on Osman was shocking. To play Silvan the mistake distin was shocking. To those who call this bashing come back when the 'others' beat us this weekend and the mancs hammer us next week cause it gonna happen as they say FACT. We are leaking goals since the end of last season we are out of a cup now. We better get our act together as this is not becoming a leaking goals habit it is a full on one. How much does that Alcatraz et paid. Pussycat. turning his backs on shots. Bash bash bash they deserve it....... ah wife brings a cup of tea... bit better now

no great shakes, some of the fringe players got some game time, would've been better if we'd have gone through so we could do that again. Weekend is coming, prepare for that. Once we get rid of the personal mistakes that are costing us goals things will turn up.

I do not want to hear no more of this "uncharacteristic" BS from Martinez, just admit our defending is nowhere near good enough and it needs sorting.

but it is all three. it is uncharacteristic as we had the third best defence last season, obviously the defending isnt good enough and it does need sorting. i dont see why you need to hear him say that in an interview??

I hope he comes out and says we weren't good enough, cos that was pure balls. No compliments about attitude or work rate, just come out and say it wasn't good enough, because it wasn't.

Not arsed were out of it particularly but it shows that Martinez gamble of resting the players on Sunday has totally back fired.

While we're controlling games we are literally just knocking it around in circles until the other team knick it and score on the break - we're no threat.

Poor so far from Roberto. Individual errors are costing us yes, but as soon as Martinez had found a team that had an aggregate score of 6-1 over West Brom and Wolfsburg he changes it.

Positives from tonight: Oviedo run out, Garbutt looked decent and Besic too.

Martinez to blame for the last week unfortunately. His tactics against Palace were frankly inept in the 2nd half, and that has totally shot our confidence after we dominated the first 40 minutes.

As I said, not particular bothered about this result, but squad morale can't be good atm. While i'm very wary its just 'little things' - they're costing us big at the moment. Howard can't save for toffee either. Need Coleman to be fully fit Saturday and go with the same team that played WBA and Wolfsburg. Best we've got atm until Barks comes back.

And while I don't want to see players been slagged off, I think martinez needs to be a bit less friendly towards them at the next PC. Not rip them to shreds, but just make it abundantly clear that things need to change. The fans will stick with them, but we're not gonna except the general tosh that has been served up over the last two games (bar 20 mins against Palace).

This thread has reminded me why any sane everton fan should stay out of match threads, some of the fans on here have been more pathetic then the team tonight.
you what ?

Every shot on goal has been registering as a goal. The opening 20 minutes against palace we had 85% possession and were winning 1-0 and then............ what ??!! what happened ? Why ? We've just lost at home to a winless Palace side and have been beaten by a Swansea side 3-0 in the space of 48 hours.

How is the reaction on here ' pathetic ' ? I think its a little justified to be honest, don't you. If you're seriously not worried (with the RS and Utd coming up) after watching these last two games and the way we are defending, then................ well.

McGeady was the only one who tried to get in behind. Alcaraz was fine as well.

McGeady is not good enough to start. He doesn't offer enough help to the defence and he has no teamwork. We need Pienaar back asap.

Was Alcaraz pass straight to the Swansea players and gifted them the third goal? Or was it Gibson?

Status
Not open for further replies.