Sunday Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it and thought at the time you are talking out your arse.

I've actually only just seen the angle on Goals on Sunday of where the Linesman is, he's right there up with the play, bang on to see it.

In fairness even if in line with play, isnt it the touch by the other player as the ball comes to Terry that puts him offside? Is he not onside for the initial header from the edge of the box?

If so, then its not unreasonable that the linesman misses that touch when he is that far away.

Havent seen it again since the replays after the game but it seemed he was onside or very close to it when the balls headed from the edge of the box.

In fairness even if in line with play, isnt it the touch by the other player as the ball comes to Terry that puts him offside? Is he not onside for the initial header from the edge of the box?

If so, then its not unreasonable that the linesman misses that touch when he is that far away.

Havent seen it again since the replays after the game but it seemed he was onside or very close to it when the balls headed from the edge of the box.

I've heard a lot of people defend the ref saying he thought the deflection was off an everton head, but even so terry was still offside from the initial ball in the box. It was a shocking call and there is no defence.

I watched it to, hate that programme, what annoys me is the way they big Chelsea yet there one of the least supported clubs in the country, an are only a big team because they spent 1bil pound

I've heard a lot of people defend the ref saying he thought the deflection was off an everton head, but even so terry was still offside from the initial ball in the box. It was a shocking call and there is no defence.

But was he well offside or almost in line? Cant remember to be honest. But if he was only barely offside from the first ball I think its very normal a linesman doesnt spot that and doesnt spot the slight touch that puts him well offside.

Id have to see it again.

But was he well offside or almost in line? Cant remember to be honest. But if he was only barely offside from the first ball I think its very normal a linesman doesnt spot that and doesnt spot the slight touch that puts him well offside.

Id have to see it again.

Well he looked to be lurking offside for a period of time before it came through to him. It looked to me like he was never onside. Although I haven't had a clear replay to confirm it and am still fuming lol.

The flick on is very easy to see on from the live picture. It wasn't hard to see at all and it was a pathetic call regardless.

Well he looked to be lurking offside for a period of time before it came through to him. It looked to me like he was never onside. Although I haven't had a clear replay to confirm it and am still fuming lol.

The flick on is very easy to see on from the live picture. It wasn't hard to see at all and it was a pathetic call regardless.

Id disagree. If its down to it being just slightly offside from the first touch, and then to the slight touch by that other player then i think its a normal decision.

Its not an easy job when the game moves so fast.

I enjoy watching Martin Samuel with a piece of croissant hanging off his fat grid telling me about a game I know more about than he ever will.

Me too. I was so fed up with the bias punditry and agenda. My wife asked me why I paid what I did when I just seemed to be constantly annoyed. So I cancelled the lot.

I miss watching the matches but not as much as I enjoy having an extra £30+ a month.
I mute the TV during matches and listen to the Everton app commentary for the unbiased opinions have to pause the TV till radio commentary can catch up to TV action ( few seconds out)

I stopped SKY years ago,got sick to the back teeth of the whole "pandering to the so called big teams"agenda that runs right through that sad corporation.

I actually cancelled it when Carragher was made pundit but the mrs got is back when I complained my life was so awful without football, turns out Carragher is actually the best thing about Sky's coverage.

The

Only doubt is whether Baines is obstructing the linesman's view when the Chelsea player nods it on to Terry. Jags jumps too and linesman might have thought it came off him not Chelsea player. In which case the linesman and ref must have spoke for each others opinion and came to the conclusion " nah leave it, it's only Everton"

The presenter of that show tweets an image of the agenda for each weeks show and barring international breaks Manchester UTD have had a section dedicated to them in every episode in the past 18 months. That tell you all you need to know.

This morning on Sky's Sunday Supplement witnessed the most embarassing comment by a so-called football expert I've ever heard. It came from a journalist (Neil Custis I think) who said how we can expect the linesman to have got the offside call right when it was so close (what, 3 foot???) and the game is so fast!!!! Well, in that case lets scrap linesmen altogether. Doesn't a linesmen in these circumstances essentially have only one thing to focus on? He's paid to be on line with the play and his sole task then is to keep looking across the line to determine an offside or onside decision.

One other thing, why are officials wired up? It's being suggested that the linesman thought it was Jagielka who headed the ball to Terry. If that was his thinking then what were the refs thoughts? Did he also not see that it was a Chelsea player? If he had then surely he should have been consulting with his linesman to ask why he hadn't disallowed the goal. If the reply was that he thought Jagielka had last played the ball then the ref would have presumably overruled the linesman and disallowed the goal.
I just never watch that show,it horrendous

normally give goals on Sunday a look but that was a none starter when I switched it on and seen the tranny shagger on it

Status
Not open for further replies.