Sunday Supplement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrb85

Player Valuation: £35m
This morning on Sky's Sunday Supplement witnessed the most embarassing comment by a so-called football expert I've ever heard. It came from a journalist (Neil Custis I think) who said how we can expect the linesman to have got the offside call right when it was so close (what, 3 foot???) and the game is so fast!!!! Well, in that case lets scrap linesmen altogether. Doesn't a linesmen in these circumstances essentially have only one thing to focus on? He's paid to be on line with the play and his sole task then is to keep looking across the line to determine an offside or onside decision.

One other thing, why are officials wired up? It's being suggested that the linesman thought it was Jagielka who headed the ball to Terry. If that was his thinking then what were the refs thoughts? Did he also not see that it was a Chelsea player? If he had then surely he should have been consulting with his linesman to ask why he hadn't disallowed the goal. If the reply was that he thought Jagielka had last played the ball then the ref would have presumably overruled the linesman and disallowed the goal.

I don't watch them anymore because it is only 1 mans opinion like yours and mine but unfortunately they get paid well for rubbish. You know and I know that if that was Everton who scores that goal yesterday then they would say the exact opposite. If it was against Chelsea, Man City or the richer clubs then they would be setting up video technology by next weekend.

I stopped SKY years ago,got sick to the back teeth of the whole "pandering to the so called big teams"agenda that runs right through that sad corporation.
Me too. I was so fed up with the bias punditry and agenda. My wife asked me why I paid what I did when I just seemed to be constantly annoyed. So I cancelled the lot.

I miss watching the matches but not as much as I enjoy having an extra £30+ a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.