summer transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can somebody who is good at finding out things please find out how long Morgen Schneiderlein had on his Saints contract?

Many thanks.

Can somebody who is good at finding out things please find out how long Morgen Schneiderlein had on his Saints contract?

Many thanks.

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has signed a four-year contract extension at Southampton.

Schneiderlin will now remain at St Mary's until the summer of 2017.

The 24-year-old Frenchman has played an important role for the Saints in their first season back in the top flight, missing just one Barclays Premier League match and scoring four goals.

Midfielder Morgan Schneiderlin has signed a four-year contract extension at Southampton.

Schneiderlin will now remain at St Mary's until the summer of 2017.

The 24-year-old Frenchman has played an important role for the Saints in their first season back in the top flight, missing just one Barclays Premier League match and scoring four goals.

Nice one.

Crap!

Need: Lukaku
Need: Creative replacement for Peinarr with an end product (Tadic)
Need: Gareth Barry
Need: One additional centre Midfielder (Rodwell/Cleverley/Colback/DeFour)
Need: One solid striker on loan who could suprise (Morata/Ba etc)
Need: Cracking young lid with pace that gets us all excited on loan (Delefou or some such)

Like: Additional experienced cover at cb/rb (god knows who like)
Like: Creative mid for backup to Barkley (Gil, young Croatian lad at Inter etc)
Like: 2 youth players cracking the first team set-up (Browning, Lundstram, Garbutt, Hope etc)

We get even half those it will be a good season ahead (Lukaku being the prime must get)

Overall the aim should be by strengthening the team to naturally force Osman, Peinarr, Kone, Alcaraz down the pecking order of the squad, whilst providing competition in every area of the squad we can to keep players on their toes

Need: Lukaku
Need: Creative replacement for Peinarr with an end product (Tadic)
Need: Gareth Barry
Need: One additional centre Midfielder (Rodwell/Cleverley/Colback/DeFour)
Need: One solid striker on loan who could suprise (Morata/Ba etc)
Need: Cracking young lid with pace that gets us all excited on loan (Delefou or some such)

Like: Additional experienced cover at cb/rb (god knows who like)
Like: Creative mid for backup to Barkley (Gil, young Croatian lad at Inter etc)
Like: 2 youth players cracking the first team set-up (Browning, Lundstram, Garbutt, Hope etc)

We get even half those it will be a good season ahead (Lukaku being the prime must get)

Imagine the uproar if we got Lukaku from Chelsea for 'cheap', Deulofeu on loan again next season and someone like Morata on loan as well. :D

I'd welcome Kovacic with open arms. 8m though apparently and Brendan the Blobfish speaking about him recently would make it unlikely.

Imagine the uproar if we got Lukaku from Chelsea for 'cheap', Deulofeu on loan again next season and someone like Morata on loan as well. :D

Think after this season mate their will be a choice of players and good quality ones for Martinez to loan now, can say for sure if you were a young player wanting to show your parent club your good enough theirs no better place than here right now for that

I actually believe the Lukaku deal is all but done behind the scenes actually, something about that celebration between the two yesterday didn't seem like a loan player and manager who are 6 games away from parting for good

I'd welcome Kovacic with open arms. 8m though apparently and Brendan the Blobfish speaking about him recently would make it unlikely.

Apparently theirs a conflict between the chairman and manager about him according to the italian press, owner rates him and wants him to stay manager doesnt, so seems a likely loan situation may be on the cards, be worth it like

Also would not be suprised if Barca loaned us the 17yo Croatian the just signed who is the subject of the fuss in the press abpout illegal signing him etc, gets him out the Spanish media glare and lets him follow the delefeou route which im sure they will use again

Ive still got the faith in Gibbo myself, he suffered an inury that anybody could have got this Season and I know he has been very unlucky with other bumps, but theres a player in there and he will play a part next Season for sure.

As for the others, I would like to see us get rid of Gueye, mainly cos its doubtful hes good enough, hes still young and im sure hes not on a big wage, but if we could get some cash money it would make sense, I think the selfie king will be gone in the Summer, no sign of a new contract yet so its pretty clear hes gone, Hibbert will hopefully stick around for cover, hes not the greatest player, but hes a good solid able back up IMO, Alatatrazaza is somebody im unsure of, hes looked a player in some games and dogsh1t in others, if theres a player in Browning and Duffy we could probably afford to get him off the wage bill, Kone isnt going anywhere, I think he will become a decent back up next season, it scares me that he could be our "number 9", but I dont have an issue on keeping him as our back up striker, as long as we signed somebody of real quality, Romy, im looking at you, (I was unsure on the lid, I thought personally he was playing in himself, but yesterday convinced me, hes the real deal).

As for the "keepers", it will mostly depend on the World Cups people have, hopefully Lukaku and Mirallas dont shine too much or I think we can kiss goodbye to both of them, Ross will sadly take the piss and our fax machine will be bubbling with bids from all over the place, stay firm Bill, I saw the "value" in allowing Wayne to leave, but it took me 5 years to get over his loss, I doubt I would ever forgive you for selling Ross. I hope we can keep Barry, he suits our system superbly and I do think his legs are on their way out, but hes defo got a good 2 years left at his best left. Gezzo is a must and hopefully Barca let us have him again, hes gonna be some player, he really is.

Then ive got this feeling that we will lose Piennar or Howard, maybe both, based on nothing much, but mainly their age and I think maybe they might fancy a few years "back home" to see out their careers, CL will maybe sway them 1 or another tho.

Its looking likely that we will at least get EL, I know people arent keen but my god ive missed those little Thursday nights, I love Goodison and sadly family and cash flow prevents me from even thinking about aways, but I really do envy all you young lids and the lids that sampled the delights that Europe has to offer, I think the squad would cope in its present form in terms of numbers with Europa, we had 9 of our young lids out on loan at 1 point this Season and it would be the perfect "breeding" ground for some of them to basically make it or break it. If we get CL we will need to add some real quality in certain areas and certainly bulk up the squad in terms of numbers.

Thanks for reading, this has been Goats Summer transfer window break down, tune in sometime around July for Goats Pre-Season Summer transfer window break down, were all going on a European tour, version 2.10a.
Good post mate, but I'm surprised you didn't mention Sylvain.

As much as I love the guy and reckon he has been our best defender at the club for the past few years he ain't getting any younger. I seriously reckon we need to be looking for a younger player in his mould this summer to eventually replace him. I reckon next year could be his last for us personally.

Apparently theirs a conflict between the chairman and manager about him according to the italian press, owner rates him and wants him to stay manager doesnt, so seems a likely loan situation may be on the cards, be worth it like

Also would not be suprised if Barca loaned us the 17yo Croatian the just signed who is the subject of the fuss in the press abpout illegal signing him etc, gets him out the Spanish media glare and lets him follow the delefeou route which im sure they will use again
I reckon there will come a point over the summer where you run out of people to link with us as possibilities. That'll be a sad day.

I reckon there will come a point over the summer where you run out of people to link with us as possibilities. That'll be a sad day.

I blame Bobby mate, for the first season in a long time, i actually see us as an attractive place for a agent to want his client to come to, especially for a younger player

Status
Not open for further replies.