2027 (6)
Onana
Pickford
McNeil
Patterson
Beto
Chermiti

The rollercoaster begins...

First team players i meant. I think I read 13 under contract and I checked it out and it looked accurate

I have 18 total, see above.

Plus perhaps Mills or other u23s to flesh it out a bit.

please explain to the group how this is happening

Why only quote part of a post and not the previous posts either?

I know why lol

Gray £12mil + Gomes £8mil (as stated in the media with Saudi links) = £20mil.

Net spend this window = £25.7mil approx

Total = £45mil approx.

You could just quote the posts in full next time.

Tim you are easily my favourite poster on this forum. Every post is such a flap, it's fantastic
I'm extremely negative but with good reason.

To paraphrase a certain TV show, this is not a serious football club and we are not ran by serious people.

I hope people look at our squad announcement at half 11 and try to tell me this has been a successful window.

None of us know the real money situation so there’s no point speculating over it.

If you’d said at the start of the window that Iwobi and Maupay would go and we’d buy a 30 mill striker Beto plus Chermiti and also bring in Danjuma Harrison and Young, most would probably have taken that, especially with Iwobi getting 22 mill.

We’ve been crying out for ages for Everton to bring players in before they sell them, when we actually do that in a window though no one likes it. We’ve also said we should give youth a chance, yet when we play Dobbin there’s people wanting us to spend money on another wide option.

As ever the success of the window will come down to injuries. If DCL and Beto stay fit all season and we can partner McNeil and Danjuma with them most games then we’ll look fine in the attacking areas. If those 4 Miss most of the season then suddenly Harrison Chermiti etc. don’t look like we’ve done enough.
At least, we went for set targets, this summer it wasn't the usual scatter gun. I'm generally quite happy with our signings and most of our sales.

Obviously we haven't been able to strengthen our defence which is a big worry. Midfield, we're generally quite strong, if lacking creativity.

I was upset Cannon has been sold, hopefully we got a sell on and a lot of bonuses in the deal. But as said at least he hasn't become another player that's stayed until he's 24 never developed.

Iwobi, wanted to go with a year left. I think the club did the right thing. It will be interesting to see if Gray stays now. Or if they have decided to bring Deli back into the squad.

I'm extremely negative but with good reason.

To paraphrase a certain TV show, this is not a serious football club and we are not ran by serious people.

I hope people look at our squad announcement at half 11 and try to tell me this has been a successful window.
Yeah the starting eleven is kind of fine (other than maybe one full-back).

It's just that we're one injury away in near enough any position and the whole balance of the team becomes weaker because there's no like for like.

See Maupay replacing DCL for reference.

I mean you could already say the balance of the team is weakened by having Mykolenko / Young as the LB option...

The incompetent people running our club are playing russian roulette with our premiership future. Whilst i understand and agree with some of the outgoings i dont have confidence in these fools and see another rough ride this season for us all !

That’s what’s so annoying. Holding went for £1 million, Tanganga went out on loan, there was cheap attainable options for CB. We done so good sorting out the attacking side and have left ourselves short.

We are lighter in numbers in the squad but only weaker in depth/quality in the Centre Back area in that Mina and Coady probably outweigh a Branthwaite. Other than that I think we are stronger this season . We are in exactly the same position this season in terms of full back and centre mid. We are stronger on the flanks. Danjuma and Harrison outweigh an Iwobi. Up front Chermiti and Beto are a better alternative to Maupay and Cannon.

Would I rather have this squad than last seasons squad.....definitely.

Well we sold our biggest creator, weakened ourselves at CB, signed a 38 year old right footed winger to play left back and sold all of our back up strikers. We did strengthen on the wing and possible our starting striker. One step forward and 2 steps back on my view.

In a 433 or 4411 formation

We have three options for the striker position and one wide option that can cover

We have five players for the wide positions (McNeil Danjuma Harrison Gray Dobbin)

In midfield we have Onana, Garner, Gueye, Docuoure, Dele (when fit)

Two full backs for each position

4 CBs

Garner and Young can fill most positions in midfield and fullback.

There’s no problem with squad depth unless injuries once again derail the season. That has been a far bigger problem at Everton than anything else recently. If you can’t get your best players on the grass often enough then you will be in trouble regardless of who you buy.
If you think Godfrey and Keane are able substitutes then good luck

In a 433 or 4411 formation

We have three options for the striker position and one wide option that can cover

We have five players for the wide positions (McNeil Danjuma Harrison Gray Dobbin)

In midfield we have Onana, Garner, Gueye, Docuoure, Dele (when fit)

Two full backs for each position

4 CBs

Garner and Young can fill most positions in midfield and fullback.

There’s no problem with squad depth unless injuries once again derail the season. That has been a far bigger problem at Everton than anything else recently. If you can’t get your best players on the grass often enough then you will be in trouble regardless of who you buy.
We are 1 injury or 1 suspension away from Keane or Godfrey at centre half

Thats totally unsustainable over a long season.

And we have the worst full back options at this level. We might have 2 for each position but the quality is not there and quality matters more than bodies.

Just out of interest is there a reliable website to show how much our transfer income vs our expenditure has been in the last 12 months? (Including summer 2022)

You'd need to google each player and check several sources before arriving at a number.

I did this a couple of years ago to calculate net spend under Moshiri.

Takes a while :eek: