Summer transfer window 2023

How do Forest get to keep spending like
Well, very easy really.

They came up from The Championship last year and increased their income by around 170m.

They spent 190m last year on transfers, which leaves them minus 20m, their owner then puts the 30m allowed into the club, which leaves them 10m up.

Dont forget, for FFP purposes those transfers will be spread over 5 years in most cases.

Their issues going forward will be wages.

But again, 170m income, they will be fine.

People focus far too much on transfers, again, as far as FFP is concerned its not an issue.

Clearly there might be problems going forward, but for now I would imagine they are ok.

Well, very easy really.

They came up from The Championship last year and increased their income by around 170m.

They spent 190m last year on transfers, which leaves them minus 20m, their owner then puts the 30m allowed into the club, which leaves them 10m up.

Dont forget, for FFP purposes those transfers will be spread over 5 years in most cases.

Their issues going forward will be wages.

But again, 170m income, they will be fine.

People focus far too much on transfers, again, as far as FFP is concerned its not an issue.

Clearly there might be problems going forward, but for now I would imagine they are ok.
Yup. Like Chelsea they are currently fine but storing up a lot of problems for the long term if high earning players don’t perform.

Looking at Gnonto there again he's acutally much more versatile than I thought. He's been mainly just a winger at Leeds but his best career spell has been central. In terms of a direct Iwobi replacement like for like this seems to make perfect sense as he can play all across the line and in attacking midfield as well. I'd imagine he'll be a nuisance playing off of Beto, a real tall and small partnership.

1693566124301.png

Why are we so against going after someone who naturally plays on the right wing?

Sinisterra/Gnonto/Harrison/Cornet all more comfortable on the left, I can't take many more weeks of Garner/Patterson getting targeted by every team in the league

My guess would be because (a) they don’t feel there are any viable targets who play the position, or (b) they want a left footer who will drift inside and shoot/play through balls.