Summer transfer window 2023

€37k per week. So a bit less in ££s

Should have been all over that.
It would have been a no-brainer for me, but as @kewns said maybe he's asked for more and bridges had been burnt. Or, maybe he'd decided to move on.

However, with him in our back line we looked immeasurably better. Without trying to be hyperbolic, his return from injury probably went a long way to saving us.

Don’t think a bid was accepted. Not sure it got to the point of discussing terms with West Ham.
Yeah possibly but I highly doubt he come to us
Most players don’t won’t to step down hence why a lot of ours are either relegated clubs or foreigners who jump at the chance for a shot in premier league!

It would have been a no-brainer for me, but as @kewns said maybe he's asked for more and bridges had been burnt. Or, maybe he'd decided to move on.

However, with him in our back line we looked immeasurably better. Without trying to be hyperbolic, his return from injury probably went a long way to saving us.
I know it’s just sad 😔 I really like him as a player, unfortunately his body not suited to English football but just watch he won’t be injured 🤕 in Italy. Don’t worry 😉 boys dyche will drop Keane eventually 🙄

Che Adams in by Wednesday
Gnonto in by the end of the window

But with Iwobi now injured I think we need to bring in more attacking/width on top of that. I wonder if we offered Cannon on loan an Holgate with a loan to buy if Southampton would give us Sulemana in addition to Adams

I watched the EFL highlights show on Saturday night.

I know absolutely nothing about him but the guy up front for QPR, Sinclair was unplayable.

Palace signed Eze and he is quality. Would love Everton to uncover players like Eze from the lower leagues.

But with Iwobi now injured I think we need to bring in more attacking/width on top of that. I wonder if we offered Cannon on loan an Holgate with a loan to buy if Southampton would give us Sulemana in addition to Adams

There rumours we’ve been in talks over a loan for sulemana but I think prefer to sell & will certainly wait till deadline day! I definitely think holgate will go the on loan unless some silly 🙃 club buys him 😂

Just like we tried with Kudus, Broja and another 30 attacking players last season.

Against a backdrop of the last two seasons, it's not good enough.

All I've said for years on here now is the same thing - I'm a massive tedious bore with it but there's not enough creativity/goals in this team to keep us away from a relegation fight. I found it bonkers a lot couldn't see that last summer, and I find it astonishing fans are still putting up an argument against it.

If people want to allow themselves to be convinced we'll be sound with the typical pre-season optimism, then fair play but its bollocks. The reality is we've survived by the smallest of margins for two seasons on the spin now - the last one we finished with our lowest ever points total, and scored just 34 goals - 5 of them coming vs Brighton. No coincidence our best performances under Dyche (Arsenal/Brighton) come with Calvert-Lewin.

The season kicks off in 17 days and we've signed Young and Danjuma.

We don't have a striker who has played one pre-season game - we started last season for 5/6 games without a striker.

It's an absolute disgrace whatever way you spin it.

Just following up on this.

@Saint Domingo this is why the "judge us at the end of the window" narrative was always totally wrong. We never had that luxury. Astonished the last few seasons hasn't clearly demonstrate that to all fans.

0-1 vs. Fulham
4-0 vs. Aston Villa

Everton have lost their opening two games of a top flight season without scoring for the first time in 68 years.

^ Just makes it all the more difficult now.

Do we miss Iwobi lol ? The problem is more the next few matches as i dont expect Harrison / Mc Neil to be back until after the international break.
But it is strange however Mykolenko is not played at left back and Young used as a winger. Clearly there is something in it that Dyche doesnt rate Mykolenko.

I watched the EFL highlights show on Saturday night.

I know absolutely nothing about him but the guy up front for QPR, Sinclair was unplayable.

Palace signed Eze and he is quality. Would love Everton to uncover players like Eze from the lower leagues.
I watch it too he’s a beast! Was just going though the Ipswich players like they where not there definitely one to watch! Only thing I will say he’s hardly scored any goals!
1 goal in 26 matches & he’s 20
Definitely fits in with us 😂
2B490507-AD70-465D-A0CA-0A69CF5D87E7.jpeg

Just following up on this.

@Saint Domingo this is why the "judge us at the end of the window" narrative was always totally wrong. We never had that luxury. Astonished the last few seasons hasn't clearly demonstrate that to all fans.

^ Just makes it all the more difficult now.
We've now got a crunch home game in week 3 against a rival

You really shouldn't be in must win/must not lose territory in week 3, but here we are.