Summer transfer window 2023

Sulemana turned us down for Southampton, any other season that would be a low point.

They spent £22m on him and are loaning him out, how come?
Lad won’t wanna play championship football, probs on a long contract so makes sense to loan him out for a season and they’ll hope to come straight back up and he’ll slot back in. Or I could be chatting utter wham.

Interesting. Matt called a few things right with Saints this summer. Swap Holgate for him on loan deals

No he hasn't, he's another blag merchant

Screenshot 2023-08-01 at 20.34.53.png

Interesting to see that Virginia, Higgins, Onyango and Dobbin all started against Monza.

Depending on their performance, I can see us keeping them around the first team squad.

Virginia as 2nd choice goalie, Higgins as backup to Patterson whilst Coleman recovers, Onyango doing Davies’ minutes from last season, and Dobbin as an impact sub playing across the forward line.

They’ll be like four new signings lads. Lads? 👀

At least it looks like things are finally starting to happen. Gray out the door is pretty much total profit, think his book value is 500-600 thousand. The one decent thing the fat Spanish waiter did was signing him it would seem.....Even links away for gomes and gbamin today 😲

Bin Adams and get Sulemana. Can play wide or upfront. Then go for another striker. Broja on loan or look elsewhere
Adams wouldn’t be my top choice at all but I’d definitely prefer him to some that we’ve been linked with. If it was basically a swap deal + like £5m of Adams for Holgate permanently and Sulemana on loan then I think that’d represent good value for us really all things considered.

I’d definitely prefer us going the Dia route though. If it was nobody else or Adams I’d take Adams.

My massively controversial take is that if relatively inexpensive and done in conjunction with the Chermiti transfer to alleviate the pressure on him to be ready right away (and done in conjunction with the sale of Maupay) then Adams would be a reasonable signing. If the cost of the two was around what we’d have paid for El Bilal alone it is probably a more sensible use of the funds.

If there’s any truth in the Adams and Sulymana links, and it’s Joyce reporting it so it might me, would anyone take a deal of both with Holgate going the other way on loan or perm to offset Adams’ value if we also bring another forward in?

I'd imagine the conversation went something like this:
Southampton DOF: Hi Kev, just wondering if Mason Holgate is available?
KT: Sure, but be need forwards at the moment. Swap him for Suleamna?
Southampton DOF: We'd need 10mil as well....
KT: Would you take 2mil a year over the next 5 years?
Southampton DOF: No chance.
KT: Che Adams instead then?
Southampton DOF: Still need 10mil as well.
KT: Erm we'll let you know.

So technically we have 'enquired' about both....

My massively controversial take is that if relatively inexpensive and done in conjunction with the Chermiti transfer to alleviate the pressure on him to be ready right away (and done in conjunction with the sale of Maupay) then Adams would be a reasonable signing. If the cost of the two was around what we’d have paid for El Bilal alone it is probably a more sensible use of the funds.
Its not "massively controversial" its a sensible take.

Last edited:
Interesting to see that Virginia, Higgins, Onyango and Dobbin all started against Monza.

Depending on their performance, I can see us keeping them around the first team squad.

Virginia as 2nd choice goalie, Higgins as backup to Patterson whilst Coleman recovers, Onyango doing Davies’ minutes from last season, and Dobbin as an impact sub playing across the forward line.

They’ll be like four new signings lads. Lads? 👀
Honestly I wouldn’t mind it. They are probably not PL level but for far too long we’ve not given minutes to young players even when there were no options. How many times last year did we have an incomplete subs bench with 2 goalkeepers on it. No reason we shouldn’t have a full bench every week even if it means young players filling spots, it’s embarrassing.

Worst case scenario we verifiably see they’re not good enough but they probably add a little bit to their value when we try to sell them. I’m certain that we wouldn’t have gotten the same deal for Simms if he never appeared for us last year for example. The likes of Dobbin and Onyango especially cannot be as poor as the people they were replacing for minutes.