Summer transfer window 2023

Who knows if any of these links and bids are true, but the club needs to urgently stop sniffing around quality players or prospects that have multiple clubs interested. They don’t care about the history of the club or the voracious fanbase. After 2 successive great escapes, a currently weaker squad, ropey finances and ownership changes, the only way we win these player auctions is with stupid offers and stupid salaries. And we can’t/shouldn’t do either of those. We’ll offer Leeds slightly increasing amounts, waste 3 weeks sucking up to his agents, then BANG Fulham/Forest/Wolves will offer 10p more and he goes there and we are screwed again.

Club needs to be realistic. Find the young pacey prospects at mid table European teams, or Championship, and be positive, confident and firm with the approaches and offers. Get them signed and sealed before the bidding wars start. We won’t be any worse off than we would be signing slow 32 year old donkeys and might by sheer luck unearth some gems and see some vaguely interesting football, then make some profits on sale.

Even the crappist of top 6 cast offs will string us along to the end of the window and go to Forest because they are still sort of on the up. Onana was the outlier in that he took a risk coming here to guarantee playing time. I think we are less attractive than last summer.
We used to have a lot of good Scottish players playing for us eons ago, surely there are good Scots players in the scottish leagues we should be looking at as well.

Any signings left hanging amid MSP investment delay, Kevin Campbell -​

The Sky Sports pundit and former Toffees captain Campbell exclusively told Goodison News: “That’s how Everton have to work at the moment.

“I’m sure Sean Dyche wants to move for whoever he wants to move for, but the people upstairs obviously are boxing clever.

Leeds want 20 Everton bid 15. They will meet around the middle somewhere and win win for everyone. Gnoto has agreed terms so it's left to the haggle men.
Word out of Leeds is they don't want less than £40m, so even if an accommodation is possible, a figure of compromise is likely way beyond our means.

Obviously, if the player starts agitating for it, it could help, but let's be fair, who is desperate to join us these days.

Word out of Leeds is they don't want less than £40m, so even if an accommodation is possible, a figure of compromise is likely way beyond our means.

Obviously, if the player starts agitating for it, it could help, but let's be fair, who is desperate to join us these days.
No chance we'd be wasting our time even discussing it if 40 was the number. If we are pursuing it, which all reports suggest we are, it's because we've been indication by the agent or the club that the eventual price should be much more in our means.

Ok mate I get that, I should phrase it a better way, I enjoy supporting the club and having something to look forward to of a weekend but everything around the club(bar the new ground), the mismanagement of it and the direction of it is frustrating and despairing in the last eight years or so...
I like yours better...I really hope we are not fighting relegation again come the end of the season...

Sorry mate but that makes no sense whatsoever.

So il keep a 'useful idiot' while my money gets flushed down the bog and il just let the chairman take the blame.
Is Moshiri purposely trying to blow all his money?

If he is trying to make a successful business then Kenwright should be removed.
There is no money !!

And Kenwright will be packing his bags once and if the Investment does come in once we've moved in to BMD.

Kenwright is the perfect shield at this present time, as Moshiri knows that he will take the abuse once this fruitless window is over.

Moshiri is just praying for one more season of survival, Investment finally on his table and a new Stadium completed.
If he still wants control of the club then, that's when the proper changes get made, another heap of junk out the door,

And hopefully the right people put in the right places and the rebuild starts taking shape...

Any signings left hanging amid MSP investment delay, Kevin Campbell -​

The Sky Sports pundit and former Toffees captain Campbell exclusively told Goodison News: “That’s how Everton have to work at the moment.

“I’m sure Sean Dyche wants to move for whoever he wants to move for, but the people upstairs obviously are boxing clever.
Always marginally easier to box clever when you have been as dumb as F for the last five years...

No chance we'd be wasting our time even discussing it if 40 was the number. If we are pursuing it, which all reports suggest we are, it's because we've been indication by the agent or the club that the eventual price should be much more in our means.
This is Everton mate. We like the: 'we tried', 'couldn't get it over the line' narratives.

losing them usmanov sponsorships killed us , the likes of wallcott bernard siggurdson delph etc all going should have improved us but once out turnover dropped as well we were back to square one
And yet people wonder why we wanted the board removed.

That Denise was doing a marvellous job as CEO, really improving our commercial activities to bridge the gap