Summer transfer window 2023

Cheers, mate. It looks to me....I know nothing, by the way....that the Gnonto link has legs. And maybe Danjuma. All CF possibilities so far look a little flimsy.

Yes mate, seems to be pretty much that. It’s a bit like January when we had loads of links for the same forwards with Danjuma being the firm link that ultimately didn’t pan out. Let’s hope for a bit more success this time around!

I enjoy supporting us; makes my life seem so much better...
Ok mate I get that, I should phrase it a better way, I enjoy supporting the club and having something to look forward to of a weekend but everything around the club(bar the new ground), the mismanagement of it and the direction of it is frustrating and despairing in the last eight years or so...

Why wouldn’t he want him around? Kenwright is a very useful idiot who’s so desperate to cling on that he’s blinded by the fact that Moshiri is effectively using him as a shield. Moshiri knows that Kenwright will always cop the brunt of the ire and that suits him just fine, bringing in someone new would immediately shift full focus to Moshiri. It’s the oldest play in the book.
Kenwright is only here as deflection at this point (dead cat)… it tells us all we need to know about current situation. Grim
Sorry mate but that makes no sense whatsoever.

So il keep a 'useful idiot' while my money gets flushed down the bog and il just let the chairman take the blame.
Is Moshiri purposely trying to blow all his money?

If he is trying to make a successful business then Kenwright should be removed.

And people wonder where the Richarlsion, Gordon money went
1689505392070.png

Thats like living in a mansion but having no gas leccy or food on the table.
Id liken it to saving up for a mortgage and in that time spending as little money as possible on thi gs like a new car, holidays etc.
If the old ford mondeo gets you to work and back while you are saving 20k for a house deposit, it will have to do!

Mina, Townsend, Davies and Begovic probably pushing 200k between them a week, probably pushing towards 250k - 300k once you take Coady and Vinagre out too. Pickford pay rise and Young's wage won't be half of that.

Also, the last accounts we saw ended last summer before the departures of Sigurdsson, Allan, Delph, Tosun, Richarlison, probably 500k a week there too. Obviously players have also come in but not on that scale, things will still be bad but it's an improving picture on the wage front, and like you say next summer the last of the proper deadwood comes off the wage bill.
It's an improving wage picture but we don't actually have 11 first team players as a result. You could argue we never did! But there's a bit of a side effect with this plan of ours.

I wondered that the other day. I don't particularly love him but if the club wanted him in January and previous windows too I don't know why they haven't returned when the price is probably half what he was going for. But then no one else has either so maybe there's a reason.

Similar to doucs … was touted as a 50m footballer a couple of seasons before we signed him for 20m and he’s not exactly a player that has good basic skills imo