Summer transfer window 2023

*Note: Your post didnt say McNeill was a bad player so not arguing/debating with you, just giving my view on him.

He is very one footed, but he does have a belter of a left foot. It's a shame he hasn't got pace, because he's not a bad footballer at all. Very much a confidence player. Soon as Dyche came in, asked him to play to his strengths, he changed. He's confident, even on Friday, him and Iwobi were the ones who as soon as they got the ball, they were direct.

Honestly I thought he was absolutely garbage at the start of last season, but having seen what he can do, he's a decent player to have and perhaps he's maturing a little bit, gaining that extra bit of footy knowhow, dealing with pressure better.

With regards to number 10, yeah I get it, i think he can do a job in specific games there, because having a player who can strike the ball as well as cleanly as he does (see Brighton, Brentford and Fulham) is a very, very useful weapon. Generally though a number 10 has a bit more pace, a bit more agility and can twist and turn quickly and create those quick links to open spaces. McNeill doesn't quite have that low centre of gravity (although he looks fitter than ever playing in that heat on Friday).

My mind has completely changed on him, happy to admit it and im sure others would as well. November time I was not seeing why we purchased him. Now I can see it, he's had his most productive season yet, mostly coming in this half of the season. He's got that horrible cloud of "1 goal" the season before away from him. His general play and link up has improved, through confidence im sure. Im certain had DCL not been made of string, he'd have had an even bigger output as DCL would have got on the end of some of his crosses. Bare in mind we have McNeill who can cross a ball but we've had absolutely zero target in the box for him to go for.

We have an unbalanced team. DCL back fit (lol), with another striiker to challenge/start, and another pacey right winger would massively revolutionise our attack.
I agree with a lot of what you say and what a number 10 should look like. Doucoure isn’t good enough for that position either, but i understand where we’re as a team at the moment, these players suit dyche and his style, probably averaging 35% possession most weeks, hard work, counter attacking and getting players in the box.

I think most would agree,
Long term to start challenging the top 10 and the European places again we need better footballers and more possession.

One position I think McNeil could suit is left side of a 3 man midfield, he works hard seems a very fit lad,
Understands the defensive side, so can help the left back and can drive forward from That position and link with the left forward and still get shots and crosses in. The other 2 midfielders would have to compliment him to make it work

This is Everton so I would expect the worst.

If any forward players are signed it won’t be until the very end of the transfer window.

By this time we will have played Fulham at home, Wolves at home, Sheffield Utd away and Villa away.
Dyche needs to kick off we need another one or two before the season starts

I’m not surprised.

The club doesn’t generate enough revenue to cover the ridiculous wage deals many players are on.

Hopefully we can sell Onana to generate transfer funds, I’d rather not sell Pickford if possible.
I do think Onana will ultimately go but it's a slow market so we just need to wait for things to shake out. Rice took ages and Caicedo is taking forever too but after that there will probably still be 4 or 5 looking and Lavia and Onana are probably next on the list for a few.

Problem mostly appears to be cashflow.

Gordon balanced books, - fine.

We aren't hampered fully by FFP / PL profit and loss as much as previously.

We just dont have the cash to go and spend on three/four key players.

Will be a long summer, but im sure we'll get some new faces in, Dyche has already said the squad needs balancing.

Gomes, Gbamin, Holgate, Maupay will all be up for sale.

I just desperately hope we dont waste those first four games. None will be easy but points are attainable.
I think we have both FFP and cash liquidity problems. Our wages to turnover ratio is the worst in the league. We need to get back to finishing mid table for the prize money. Next summer is the big reset. All the big contracts for players who are not contributing are up. Gomes, Gbamin, Dele. Add to that Keane, Iwobi and probably the end of Coleman. These don’t all need replacing and the ones that do can be replaced by younger, cheaper players. This summer we can’t afford to make errors like bringing in players like Elanga on long terms contracts on decent money. Need to take advantage of the loan market

Morning mates.

Welcome to the 16th July Everton transfer 💩 show…..

I’ve tried to bundle together as many of the transfer rumours flying around, combining them into one bite size and heart burn inducing portion for your dining pleasure.

I make some apology for some of the sources and articles used.

Everton are edging closer to the summer signature of Leeds United attacker Willy Gnonto, according to Corriere dello Sport.

The Italian newspaper reported in their print edition on Sunday (16 July) that a move to the Toffees for the 19-year-old appears ever closer.

Everton may be waiting to go after free agent striker target Moussa Dembele until the long-awaited investment is announced, according to Kevin Campbell.

The former Lyon striker has been available since he left the Ligue 1 club at the expiry of his contract, with Fabrizio Romano reporting that the Toffees were “informed on conditions of the deal” back on 12 June.

Over a month later and, after missing out on Rodrigo from Leeds United, Everton still haven’t brought in a striker while Dembele is now being targeted for a move to Saudi Arabia [Romano, 13 July], and Campbell worries that the delayed confirmation of the MSP Sports Capital deal might behind the apparent lack of action.

Everton have made an approach to sign Union Saint-Gilloise (USG) striker Victor Boniface, according to journalist Sacha Tavolieri.

The journalist reported via his personal Twitter account on Saturday (15 July) that while there is no offer on the table, the player is open to a move.

“We are not yet at the stage of formal negotiations but I understand Everton took initial information on player’s side to glimpse the possibilities of a deal for Victor Boniface,” Tavolieri wrote on Twitter.

Everton are believed to have made contact with Villarreal winger Arnaut Danjuma over a summer move to the club, according to a fresh transfer claim.

According to Football Insider, the Blues have contacted Danjuma over a summer switch to Goodison Park, with a loan move again mooted:

"Everton have made contact with Villarreal about signing winger Arnaut Danjuma this summer.

"Contact has been made over a potential loan deal, with the Toffees ready to pay a loan fee as they prepare to submit an offer. It is believed that Sean Dyche has already spoken to the player ahead of a move.

Everton and Almeria have not yet reached an agreement over the transfer of El Bilal Toure, contrary to reports in the British press, claim Marca.

The Spanish media outlet, via their website [15 July], wrote that despite there being claims of a move being close and everything agreed, there is a chance of the 21-year-old Mali international staying put in Spain.

Sean Dyche has opened up on the difficulties in the transfer window for Everton.

The Toffees boss admitted to the Liverpool Echothat financial problems have affected the club’s business – however he has given another reason as to why transfer activity has been slow for the club.

“We’ll just wait and see,” Dyche told the ECHO. “We’re active and are trying to open up situations.

“It’s a tough situation all round because money often makes deals go through. It’s not just that – I say it all the time – people have got to agree things.

“We’re active, people are working very, very hard to see what we can do in the market.”

I think we have both FFP and cash liquidity problems. Our wages to turnover ratio is the worst in the league. We need to get back to finishing mid table for the prize money. Next summer is the big reset. All the big contracts for players who are not contributing are up. Gomes, Gbamin, Dele. Add to that Keane, Iwobi and probably the end of Coleman. These don’t all need replacing and the ones that do can be replaced by younger, cheaper players. This summer we can’t afford to make errors like bringing in players like Elanga on long terms contracts on decent money. Need to take advantage of the loan market
It can't still be, can it? We have off loaded a lot of big earners

Morning mates.

Welcome to the 16th July Everton transfer 💩 show…..

I’ve tried to bundle together as many of the transfer rumours flying around, combining them into one bite size and heart burn inducing portion for your dining pleasure.

I make some apology for some of the sources and articles used.

Everton are edging closer to the summer signature of Leeds United attacker Willy Gnonto, according to Corriere dello Sport.

The Italian newspaper reported in their print edition on Sunday (16 July) that a move to the Toffees for the 19-year-old appears ever closer.

Everton may be waiting to go after free agent striker target Moussa Dembele until the long-awaited investment is announced, according to Kevin Campbell.

The former Lyon striker has been available since he left the Ligue 1 club at the expiry of his contract, with Fabrizio Romano reporting that the Toffees were “informed on conditions of the deal” back on 12 June.

Over a month later and, after missing out on Rodrigo from Leeds United, Everton still haven’t brought in a striker while Dembele is now being targeted for a move to Saudi Arabia [Romano, 13 July], and Campbell worries that the delayed confirmation of the MSP Sports Capital deal might behind the apparent lack of action.

Everton have made an approach to sign Union Saint-Gilloise (USG) striker Victor Boniface, according to journalist Sacha Tavolieri.

The journalist reported via his personal Twitter account on Saturday (15 July) that while there is no offer on the table, the player is open to a move.

“We are not yet at the stage of formal negotiations but I understand Everton took initial information on player’s side to glimpse the possibilities of a deal for Victor Boniface,” Tavolieri wrote on Twitter.

Everton are believed to have made contact with Villarreal winger Arnaut Danjuma over a summer move to the club, according to a fresh transfer claim.

According to Football Insider, the Blues have contacted Danjuma over a summer switch to Goodison Park, with a loan move again mooted:

"Everton have made contact with Villarreal about signing winger Arnaut Danjuma this summer.

"Contact has been made over a potential loan deal, with the Toffees ready to pay a loan fee as they prepare to submit an offer. It is believed that Sean Dyche has already spoken to the player ahead of a move.

Everton and Almeria have not yet reached an agreement over the transfer of El Bilal Toure, contrary to reports in the British press, claim Marca.

The Spanish media outlet, via their website [15 July], wrote that despite there being claims of a move being close and everything agreed, there is a chance of the 21-year-old Mali international staying put in Spain.

Sean Dyche has opened up on the difficulties in the transfer window for Everton.

The Toffees boss admitted to the Liverpool Echothat financial problems have affected the club’s business – however he has given another reason as to why transfer activity has been slow for the club.

“We’ll just wait and see,” Dyche told the ECHO. “We’re active and are trying to open up situations.

“It’s a tough situation all round because money often makes deals go through. It’s not just that – I say it all the time – people have got to agree things.

“We’re active, people are working very, very hard to see what we can do in the market.”
Cheers, mate. It looks to me....I know nothing, by the way....that the Gnonto link has legs. And maybe Danjuma. All CF possibilities so far look a little flimsy.

At least be honest with the dig at him

Championship Play off winner - Watford
League Cup winner - Villa
League Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, Europa League - Man Utd
Serie A - Inter

He had failed at the point he had moved back to fullback though mate.

I'm not saying he was a bad fullback, but he moved to that position as he couldnt hack it as a winger.

Linked with a few strikers there, half of them probably blag stories.

Boniface
Toure
Dembele
Gnonto
Danjuma

I’d never heard of him until this morning, but after looking at his stats, Boniface is the profile of player we should be targeting.

I agree with a lot of what you say and what a number 10 should look like. Doucoure isn’t good enough for that position either, but i understand where we’re as a team at the moment, these players suit dyche and his style, probably averaging 35% possession most weeks, hard work, counter attacking and getting players in the box.

I think most would agree,
Long term to start challenging the top 10 and the European places again we need better footballers and more possession.

One position I think McNeil could suit is left side of a 3 man midfield, he works hard seems a very fit lad,
Understands the defensive side, so can help the left back and can drive forward from That position and link with the left forward and still get shots and crosses in. The other 2 midfielders would have to compliment him to make it work
Oh Doucoure is absolutely not a number 10, nor he is playing 'as a 10'. He's playing as an advanced pressing midfielder really, out of posession its 4-5-1.

Which I have no real issue with AT THE MOMENT. Particularly in specific games where we need that. If he had a bit more technical ability (he wouldnt playing for us), then he'd be ideal to help with link up when we win the second ball etc.

It can't still be, can it? We have off loaded a lot of big earners
Yes still will be imo. Mina, Townsend, Davies and reserve keepers savings swallowed up by contract increases to the likes of Pickford and the signing of Young. There will also be no market for Dele or Gbamin this year to the loan them so we will pay all their wages. Next season there is an opportunity for a complete rebuild. Everton can no longer afford big salaries unless you are reliable pillars of the first team performing well like Pickford or Tarks

At least be honest with the dig at him

Championship Play off winner - Watford
League Cup winner - Villa
League Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, Europa League - Man Utd
Serie A - Inter
You have been hoisted by your own petard here as Young Ashley did not win the league cup with Aston Villa seeing as they last won it in 1996 and even he hasn't been playing that long.