Summer transfer window 2023

I will bet you as much money as you like garner plays most of his career as a midfielder. Yes he can fill in there and do well because he’s a good footballer.

McNeil can hit and good ball and put a good cross in, im yet to see a lot finesse from him, which is what you need around the box in a 10 role imo. He’s also so ridiculously one footed, he would be easy to defend against, times last season he was in decent position to take a shot with his right and refused

*Note: Your post didnt say McNeill was a bad player so not arguing/debating with you, just giving my view on him.

He is very one footed, but he does have a belter of a left foot. It's a shame he hasn't got pace, because he's not a bad footballer at all. Very much a confidence player. Soon as Dyche came in, asked him to play to his strengths, he changed. He's confident, even on Friday, him and Iwobi were the ones who as soon as they got the ball, they were direct.

Honestly I thought he was absolutely garbage at the start of last season, but having seen what he can do, he's a decent player to have and perhaps he's maturing a little bit, gaining that extra bit of footy knowhow, dealing with pressure better.

With regards to number 10, yeah I get it, i think he can do a job in specific games there, because having a player who can strike the ball as well as cleanly as he does (see Brighton, Brentford and Fulham) is a very, very useful weapon. Generally though a number 10 has a bit more pace, a bit more agility and can twist and turn quickly and create those quick links to open spaces. McNeill doesn't quite have that low centre of gravity (although he looks fitter than ever playing in that heat on Friday).

My mind has completely changed on him, happy to admit it and im sure others would as well. November time I was not seeing why we purchased him. Now I can see it, he's had his most productive season yet, mostly coming in this half of the season. He's got that horrible cloud of "1 goal" the season before away from him. His general play and link up has improved, through confidence im sure. Im certain had DCL not been made of string, he'd have had an even bigger output as DCL would have got on the end of some of his crosses. Bare in mind we have McNeill who can cross a ball but we've had absolutely zero target in the box for him to go for.

We have an unbalanced team. DCL back fit (lol), with another striiker to challenge/start, and another pacey right winger would massively revolutionise our attack.

Looks a lovely footballer albeit from those clips.

Just the injury record. Young enough that his body could recover really well from them. Could be another sicknote. He does look a tidy footballer though. Wouldn't cost much, wouldn't be on huge wages.

Exactly the type of profile we need to be doing. Not every signing needs to be an 'unknown' but there is no reason clubs shouldn't be looking at these deals to compliment their squad.

Low output means;

If it works, its a bargain, the sell on fee goes right up.
If it doesnt work, it's not a big outlay, it's not high wages, easier to get off the books and would probably make the money back anyway.

I will bet you as much money as you like garner plays most of his career as a midfielder. Yes he can fill in there and do well because he’s a good footballer.

McNeil can hit and good ball and put a good cross in, im yet to see a lot finesse from him, which is what you need around the box in a 10 role imo. He’s also so ridiculously one footed, he would be easy to defend against, times last season he was in decent position to take a shot with his right and refused
I think it would be a waste if Garner didn`t play central midfield, but it does give us an option at RB if we have no other options, I think if Coleman and Patterson are out I`d rather Garner than Holgate or Godfrey...

Inappropriate Language
Not wanting to put a Sunday morning dampner on this,,but from what a mate told me (works in finance at club) we are totally in the s**t worse than last season,,
Whats a little worrying is the less than obvious soundbites coming from Dyche already saying money this yada.....going to be kin toxic this year if this is the case

Not wanting to put a Sunday morning dampner on this,,but from what a mate told me (works in finance at club) we are totally in the s**t worse than last season,,
Whats a little worrying is the less than obvious soundbites coming from Dyche already saying money this yada.....going to be kin toxic this year if this is the case
Thanks for that, that's my Sunday morning ruined.

If that’s true and it probably is then we must sell one of two of our biggest assets Pickford or Onana or we put the trust in the youth.

For the umpteenth time how can our owner still want Kenwright around for another minute when his business is in tatters?? It’s beggars belief that someone so rich and successful is allowing his money to be set on fire.

I’m not surprised.

The club doesn’t generate enough revenue to cover the ridiculous wage deals many players are on.

Hopefully we can sell Onana to generate transfer funds, I’d rather not sell Pickford if possible.

We were told this last summer and told there would be no signings.... then we brought in eight players.

We already have 80m in player sales so far with probably more to come and some high earners have left.

I don't see how we can be worse off unless they are including the stadium in what they say.

We were told this last summer and told there would be no signings.... then we brought in eight players.

We already have 80m in player sales so far with probably more to come and some high earners have left.

I don't see how we can be worse off unless they are including the stadium in what they say.
Just have to see what pans out mate..

Problem mostly appears to be cashflow.

Gordon balanced books, - fine.

We aren't hampered fully by FFP / PL profit and loss as much as previously.

We just dont have the cash to go and spend on three/four key players.

Will be a long summer, but im sure we'll get some new faces in, Dyche has already said the squad needs balancing.

Gomes, Gbamin, Holgate, Maupay will all be up for sale.

I just desperately hope we dont waste those first four games. None will be easy but points are attainable.

Problem mostly appears to be cashflow.

Gordon balanced books, - fine.

We aren't hampered fully by FFP / PL profit and loss as much as previously.

We just dont have the cash to go and spend on three/four key players.

Will be a long summer, but im sure we'll get some new faces in, Dyche has already said the squad needs balancing.

Gomes, Gbamin, Holgate, Maupay will all be up for sale.

I just desperately hope we dont waste those first four games. None will be easy but points are attainable.
This from a source inside the club ?

I don't expect much of a net spend but we have players who can raise funds.

We'll do business in August anyway.