Summer transfer window 2023

It's such a shame that whoever we get in will miss the (four weeks) pre-season training/coaching/practice matches that Dyche provides and the bonding that goes on during this period. I fully expect that our signings (as they will be free agents/players surplus to requirements) will in the main be done in the last few days of the window (and after the season has started).

Missing out on pre-season will mean that the newcomers won't be ready for the start of the season and increase the likelihood of picking up an injury when they do start playing in matches.

The transfer window should close at midnight the day before the opening game of the season (Friday 11th August). The current situation (closing 1st September) favours the cash rich clubs who can get players in early so there's little chance of it changing (and yes I know it lines up with the other major European leagues).

Everton will have played three games before the window closes - factor in four weeks to get up to scratch and a returning Richarlison (!) would have missed the first seven premier league fixtures of the season.

Rant over
Players often have a pre season at their current club so there should be no reason for a player to arrive unfit even after the season has started.

Now that is what you call a positive spin on things…….not sure I would agree with all of that but hey opinions

I would argue Danjuma is better than Gray.

Whether or not Gordon ever lives up to that price, the bottom line is hit output for us wasn't that much, so to replace him with a player a year younger, is highly rated and would cost us less than half of what we sold Gordon, I would say that's decent business myself.

Obviously if you just really don't rate Danjuma and or Elanga or you have very high opinions of Gray and or Gordon then fair enough.

Getting more and more convinced, and it’s still pretty early in the window admittedly, that we are once again going to be merely looking at a “back up” for DCL. Which would be absolute madness.

To be fair mate, if we just have someone is say isn't as good as DC-L but at least good enough to give us more than what Maupay or Simms offered us up top then we will be a lot better off.

if we sell iwobi and gray we could end up with this

------------------DCL / Bilal Toure-------------------

McNeil/ Gnonto-----Alli/Doucoure------Danjuma (Loan) /Elanga (Loan)

----------------Onana/Gueye-----Garner/Gomes

Young/Myko----Tark/Keane------Branthwaite/Godfrey---Coleman/Patterson

----------------------------Pickford/Virginia-----------------------------

sell maupay, iwobi, gray, holgate and gbamin