Summer transfer window 2023

Any links for our deadwood??? Iwobi, Gray, Holgate, Keane, Gomes, Gbamin, Alli, Maupay??

Iwobi has been awful value for money at Everton but he is not deadwood. If you take Iwobi out of the side, then we need a replacement that is at least as good as him. Same applies for Gray. My concern is that the likes of Iwobi will sold off but his replacement will be even worse!

Iwobi has been awful value for money at Everton but he is not deadwood. If you take Iwobi out of the side, then we need a replacement that is at least as good as him. Same applies for Gray. My concern is that the likes of Iwobi will sold off but his replacement will be even worse!
Exactly. The experienced midfield players we've been linked with are at best the same level as Iwobi and Gray, some notably worse

if we don't sell Iwobi this window then we either need to give him another bloated contract or he leaves on a free. Selling him is the prime solution sadly.

Why are we not seeing links for a number 9

It's the only position that actually really matters right now. Everything else is almost irrelevant until we add some goals.
Totally agree. Obviously we still won't be world beaters, but having 38 games with a recognised centre forward, who can hold the ball up and knock a couple in, would be a big improvement on where we were last year.

Any decent links to strikers yet other than Elanga or the biff who skipped out on us in January ?

I would have thought this would have been an immediate priority with targets identified before the window opened.

Deadwood = people or things that are no longer useful or productive

I would argue whether he has in fact ever been useful or productive, with exception of a few games which he was playing himself to a new contract!

He wants out..... get rid and ideally replace. We cannot get much worse....