Summer transfer window 2023

Bit like that Armstrong at saints… they paid decent money for him and apart from scoring in the first 5 minutes of his debut against ( you know who) he done nothing .
It’s always a risk but looking at the leading scorers in the EFL over the past few seasons…

Mitrovich
Toney
Both came from from that league … so you can find them but it’s a risk. But one we need to take as we cannot afford a proven scorer at prem level .
The figures those two put up are worlds away from anyone we've been linked with

Problem is we don't have and likely won't have a squad good enough for a more progressive manager we need rebuilding from the bones of our arse. It's why Carlo, Silva, Martinez whoever else we have had hasn't worked because we don't have good enough footballers to play wonderful football we need to play a mixed style. Dysfunction at every level and a badly imbalanced squad is the result that any manager would struggle to get much out of and a runs the risk of worse with like Lamps if they can't adapt. If we can get to a place of more stability at board level and financially maybe we can get someone more progressive in.

Bit like that Armstrong at saints… they paid decent money for him and apart from scoring in the first 5 minutes of his debut against ( you know who) he done nothing .
It’s always a risk but looking at the leading scorers in the EFL over the past few seasons…

Mitrovich
Toney
Both came from from that league … so you can find them but it’s a risk. But one we need to take as we cannot afford a proven scorer at prem level .
We need two forwards maybe that's why we are linked with Piroe and Rodrigo who knows if it's those two we end up with but they're the profiles. The lad at Coventry hasn't moved yet either

Why would moshiri spend money on the squad when it is very likely that in the not to distant future he will become a minority shareholder meaning minimum return on his investment when the club is eventually sold.
He'll want to spend at least enough to ensure we stay in the PL; if we drop to the Championship, the value of the club is diminished together with his return on any sale.

He'll want to spend at least enough to ensure we stay in the PL; if we drop to the Championship, the value of the club is diminished together with his return on any sale.
This sounds reasonable in theory but what are the risk rewards from his POV? Purely as an example, if we're valued at 350m and went down it may drop to 250m. If he spent 50m and we stayed up we're still worth 350m so his sale is 50m less in real terms. If the 50m wasn't enough and we dropped he's now 150m worse off.

He could sell Pickford and Onana and pocket the fees now meaning he accepts relegation, covers the loss in value and makes money on the wages saved.

It's made up numbers but spending to save money isn't as simple as it sounds.

Problem is we don't have and likely won't have a squad good enough for a more progressive manager we need rebuilding from the bones of our arse. It's why Carlo, Silva, Martinez whoever else we have had hasn't worked because we don't have good enough footballers to play wonderful football we need to play a mixed style. Dysfunction at every level and a badly imbalanced squad is the result that any manager would struggle to get much out of and a runs the risk of worse with like Lamps if they can't adapt. If we can get to a place of more stability at board level and financially maybe we can get someone more progressive in.
Read that as Dychefunction at first

Remember apart from maybe Mina none of our best 11 have left. And the problem has very much been the quality of our bench. Also assuming the players leave that I mention (as Dyche doesn't rate them), we HAVE to sign players. Otherwise we have less than 20 players lol

Yer that’s a good point mate. I would say not signing Coady is a mistake just on the defence though. I just think if Holgate goes he’ll need replacing. Our fullbacks aren’t great, midfield is average at best and attack without DCL is toothless. A lot areas need improving, it doesn’t appear that anyone is interested in coming to us, we don’t seem to have much money and possibly some of our better players want out in the likes of Iwobi and Gray who while haven’t been great won’t generate much money or not the surplus we need to replace them with quality players.

The majority of teams in the league were better than us, teams coming up have the chance to build with their increased revenues and I don’t trust our owner to get it together. We’re linked with a Blackburn defender this morning and looks like we’re trying to offload Maupay or Simms to get that done. Doesn’t scream we have the funds to get our business sorted does it

Yer that’s a good point mate. I would say not signing Coady is a mistake just on the defence though. I just think if Holgate goes he’ll need replacing. Our fullbacks aren’t great, midfield is average at best and attack without DCL is toothless. A lot areas need improving, it doesn’t appear that anyone is interested in coming to us, we don’t seem to have much money and possibly some of our better players want out in the likes of Iwobi and Gray who while haven’t been great won’t generate much money or not the surplus we need to replace them with quality players.

The majority of teams in the league were better than us, teams coming up have the chance to build with their increased revenues and I don’t trust our owner to get it together. We’re linked with a Blackburn defender this morning and looks like we’re trying to offload Maupay or Simms to get that done. Doesn’t scream we have the funds to get our business sorted does it
as it stands we will again be in the relegation scrap. Now that we are in the new financial year things *should* move fast (to put us in better position) but i quess we know thats a pipe dream. Thelwell needs to pull his finger out asap and do what he was hired to do.

Stop being a child. You came into this attacking me for disliking Dyche and thinking him a poor manager.

How many times do I need to say that whether or not he is a good manager is a totally different to who would have been available to take the job. As I said in my previous post, it wouldn't matter who I said to you because it can't be quantified, because it didn't happen. It is hypothetical. Whereas there is plenty on which to ground the fact that I don't believe Dyche to be a good manager. As I keep saying, you are entitled to your opinion but your aggressive defence of him is truly bizarre.

Regardless of your opinion of Dyche, you are acting like you are being incredibly clever but in fact are being stupid to the point of redundancy. You must be hell to be around if you are this petty over something so trivial on a football forum.
Aggressive😅 By pointing out that Dyche was the man for the job which he against the odds accomplished? You have still yet to name a better option as manager who would have taken the job...I'm sure you'll come up with a name soon.🙄

as it stands we will again be in the relegation scrap. Now that we are in the new financial year things *should* move fast (to put us in better position) but i quess we know thats a pipe dream. Thelwell needs to pull his finger out asap and do what he was hired to do.

I agree, we don’t even know the extent of our finances though. It could be that bad we’re genuinely hamstrung in getting any deals done. I think I always suspected about Moshiri being a front for Usmanov but the Ancelotti case has kind of confirmed it. His being the person offering the bonuses pretty much confirms it was his money all along and where does that leave us now. Plus the FFP stuff that’s still yet to be sorted. Honestly don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to a transfer window less. The past 2 seasons I’ve thought right come in, do something now. But all they’ve done is prove there’s no getting out of this mess we’re in and sooner or later we’re going to have to pay the piper

I agree, we don’t even know the extent of our finances though. It could be that bad we’re genuinely hamstrung in getting any deals done. I think I always suspected about Moshiri being a front for Usmanov but the Ancelotti case has kind of confirmed it. His being the person offering the bonuses pretty much confirms it was his money all along and where does that leave us now. Plus the FFP stuff that’s still yet to be sorted. Honestly don’t think I’ve ever looked forward to a transfer window less. The past 2 seasons I’ve thought right come in, do something now. But all they’ve done is prove there’s no getting out of this mess we’re in and sooner or later we’re going to have to pay the piper
IF...it starts to seem that there will be no proper additions in the squad im convinced that for some time now they have been prepairing for stint in the championship.