Summer transfer window 2023

Jack Harrison would be a huge mistake if we signed him. We would certainly be in the bottom because offensively we would still be toothless. That guy cannot beat a man 1 on 1 and his speed and ball handling skills are championship quality.
Sorry but your totally wrong there m8, would be happy with him come in, would rather have him then that gnonto in the position were in at tis time...

He averaged about 5 goals a season.

Scored more than that in 97/98, hat trick v Bolton was crucial in the end considering that was a 3-2 win.

Did well in first part of 96/97 when team were 6th/7th going into xmas before it all nosedived under Joe Royle.

Probably would've been sold sooner if Tore Andre Flo had been signed as rumoured in early 1997.

On another note, those people who watch La Liga - is there anything happening with Gonzalo Plata at Valladolid? He was one of the few RW we were linked with in January and they got relegated didn't they? Thought we might revisit that one.

Don't know too much about him but Cyle Larin might be worth a look, Valladolid picked him up on loan in January and he scored 8 in half a season in La Liga. Also scored plenty for Beskitas in the end after a slow start and for Canada.

Was on huge wages at Leicester though, way more than what we could have paid. Forest must be needing to sell a few players soon surely?

He was on £80k a week at Leicester, not a pittance, but not crazy money for a premier league player.

I agree, Forrest must be looking to sell some, they have 34 players at the moment to fit into the 25 man squad and another 3 on loan in the MLS, who would return in October. I’m sure we will be linked with Chris Wood at some point

Fofana at Leicester was playing in the team at 17/18. If you are good enough then you will get games. Branthwaite clearly has some ability but again in that game the other day against a poor Germany I noticed his positioning (at times) is pretty poor, I can't say I'm 100% convinced he is this wonderkid everyone else thinks.

I’d let him go if the money was right but it would have to be 25m for me to consider it.
I mean if Godfrey, Keane are 20m footballers I am pretty confident that Jarrod will reach that at some point

Don't know too much about him but Cyle Larin might be worth a look, Valladolid picked him up on loan in January and he scored 8 in half a season in La Liga. Also scored plenty for Beskitas in the end after a slow start and for Canada.
Yeah, I saw that he banged in goals for them at the end of the season. Surprised me tbh, as he never looked like he would be able to cut it in a better league despite his early promise at Orlando City.

Given his age and that he has only had 19 games in a decent quality league, I'd rather look elsewhere tbh. Might be the kind of player we look at later in the window if we are still scrabbling around for strikers.

Fofana at Leicester was playing in the team at 17/18. If you are good enough then you will get games. Branthwaite clearly has some ability but again in that game the other day against a poor Germany I noticed his positioning (at times) is pretty poor, I can't say I'm 100% convinced he is this wonderkid everyone else thinks.
I think he's got tonnes of potential tbh. The ideal would be to have more than one senior CB we can rely on alongside Branthwaite, so he can come out the side when/if necessary.

I think he's already a better CB than Keane, Holgate or Godfrey tbh (or at least as good as) and he is much younger so would hopefullyget better. But they are very poor players. Really think we could do with looking at the CB position but doubt our budget will allow us to do it.

Piroe is a championship level striker, much like Simms is. He will struggle in the Premier League, much like Simms did. I don’t think he’s worth pursuing.

Bit like that Armstrong at saints… they paid decent money for him and apart from scoring in the first 5 minutes of his debut against ( you know who) he done nothing .
It’s always a risk but looking at the leading scorers in the EFL over the past few seasons…

Mitrovich
Toney
Both came from from that league … so you can find them but it’s a risk. But one we need to take as we cannot afford a proven scorer at prem level .