Summer transfer window 2023

A cautious approach has seen us go 28 years without a pot mate.

Just because we spent big money badly shouldn't mean we be scared of spending big money wisely as thats the only way we'll break that trophy drought.
Was nothing to do with a cautious approach was to do with a man who would not let go of his toy " everton" because he was unwilling to let go. A cautious approach is not going stupid putting in bids for players, looking at players with value like brighton and even if i hate the fans at the club newcastle. Is not about throwing money at teams it is targeting the right profile and walking away if the deal is to much. We have put players on too big of deals keane, sandro and many more high contrwcts and no sell on value. It is not about throwing money in the window it is about using it the right way

Was nothing to do with a cautious approach was to do with a man who would not let go of his toy " everton" because he was unwilling to let go. A cautious approach is not going stupid putting in bids for players, looking at players with value like brighton and even if i hate the fans at the club newcastle. Is not about throwing money at teams it is targeting the right profile and walking away if the deal is to much. We have put players on too big of deals keane, sandro and many more high contrwcts and no sell on value. It is not about throwing money in the window it is about using it the right way

As I always say - if you spend £100m wisely you'll finish higher than a team who spend £40m wisely. There are too many sides with wealthier/generous ownership, better players and arguably better managers in the league for us to expect a paltry £30-50m transfer kitty putting us in good stead in the table.

Smaller Clubs with less ambitious fanbases like Brighton/Brentford build systems that take years to implement and often do so whilst in the Championship / lower echelon of the PL where the fanbase can accept a Graham Potter finishing 16th-17th for a few seasons with little pressure.

Our club simply will never have that because our fanbase do not have the patience for it. We've had 2 skirts with relegation and the current board have been chased, many want the owner gone, numerous managers sacked including some wanting Dyche potted and many are calling for a DOF who's been here barely 18 months sacked despite him working with 1 arm tied behind his back financially speaking.

A big club like this (like Newcastle/Villa) need an injection of cash from a benefactor owner as there is no patience for the smaller club way of business.

Any thoughts on Rodrigo?

13 Goals last season and available for 3-5m? Wouldn't say no but I think we need two more like in thost Attacking positions.

As I always say - if you spend £100m wisely you'll finish higher than a team who spend £40m wisely. There are too many sides with wealthier/generous ownership, better players and arguably better managers in the league for us to expect a paltry £30-50m transfer kitty putting us in good stead in the table.

Smaller Clubs with less ambitious fanbases like Brighton/Brentford build systems that take years to implement and often do so whilst in the Championship / lower echelon of the PL where the fanbase can accept a Graham Potter finishing 16th-17th for a few seasons with little pressure.

Our club simply will never have that because our fanbase do not have the patience for it. We've had 2 skirts with relegation and the current board have been chased, many want the owner gone, numerous managers sacked including some wanting Dyche potted and many are calling for a DOF who's been here barely 18 months sacked despite him working with 1 arm tied behind his back financially speaking.

A big club like this (like Newcastle/Villa) need an injection of cash from a benefactor owner as there is no patience for the smaller club way of business.
Ofc you finish higher if you spend it the right way but that is easy to say is always a chance even if you think a player will adapt. I was one of them people if we would have went down i would have questioned if he was the right manager to take us forward next season which is fair. Then with the dof first was at the summer window most of us felt he left us short, then again jan he had his part to play. Yes he had his hands tied but we bought nothing in he played his part in that. Then to finish if you think this fanbase has no patience that is wrong, we all see we have a long way to go to improve this team, we all just want to see the club run correctly, have a manager in charger for a long period of time to make the club stable, see the youth team get player into the first team and sell some. We all just want to see a plan style of play now, is not a quick fix that again throwing money will fix

Any thoughts on Rodrigo?

13 Goals last season and available for 3-5m? Wouldn't say no but I think we need two more like in thost Attacking positions.
Take him with the right contract as can cover dacoure and the striker then hleps us to spend money on a player similar to dcl who can lead the line.