Summer transfer window 2023

I get the logic but I just think he’s become a leader and talisman of this team and like I say that makes him worth more to us than another team might pay. Plus this past season more than ever I think the relegation spots were decided on goalkeeping, in a league which just keeps improving in quality I think goalkeeping just gets more and more important.
Good point about the keepers as I think selling Schmeichel was a big part in Leicester going down and the keepers of Leeds and Southampton were awful.

Big fan of Pickford. But hes 29 and there needs to be a new team built.

I'd sell him at £50mil bring in either https://www.transfermarkt.com/bart-verbruggen/profil/spieler/565093 or https://www.transfermarkt.com/giorgi-mamardashvili/profil/spieler/502676

Move on a few more like Keane, Holgate and Maupay and go big on 2 u23 aged forward players and a couple of loans/cheap deals.
Who? This ain’t FM.

Bring in some random 20 years old for a farmer league and relegate us?

Who? This ain’t FM.

Hes a highly rated player.

I doubt he will be coming here.

Why do some fans want us to sell our best player?

Hes 29 and we need to build a new team with limited funds. If we received £50mil for a 29 year old it would make sense to sell.

He’s also a goalkeeper. Could easily 3/4 solid years in him.

Then in 3 or 4 years he'd be worth nothing. Its a big ask to reject £50mil for someone with that time left at the top when we have limitations on spending.

Pickford isn't a striker, he's a goalkeeper and at his age could be with us for years to come.

Him and Doucoure saved us from relegation. And IMO Pickford hasn't reached his potential yet, he's still improving.
His game is all about reflexes. Its not about positioning...the keepers that last (like Southall) werent reliant on reflexes, those keepers dont last as long.

My guess is at 34 he'll need to be replaced. That would mean a trade off of £50mil for 5 seasons.

Are you saying 29 is old?
See above.

Who? This ain’t FM.

What a dumb post. Is it my fault you dont know the players?

Insult yourself.

Wouldn't accept less than 60-70mil for Pickford.

We would have gone down without him. Simple as that

That time has past now. Would we have been in that position with a different keeper and a goalscoring attacking player?

Hes a highly rated player.

I doubt he will be coming here.

Hes class and massive. Valencia need the money though and im sure hed want to play in the premier league.

The other i mentioned we'd need to have an experienced keeper in on loan as well as hes a bit of a risk due to his age. One of the most highly rated young keepers around.

Hes class and massive. Valencia need the money though and im sure hed want to play in the premier league.

The other i mentioned we'd need to have an experienced keeper in on loan as well as hes a bit of a risk due to his age. One of the most highly rated young keepers around.
Hes young and tall and getting good write ups, I doubt either of us have watched him play tho.

Good point about the keepers as I think selling Schmeichel was a big part in Leicester going down and the keepers of Leeds and Southampton were awful.
Completely. Bazunu and Meslier have bags of potential but it’s the one position where potential don’t butter no parsnips. I’m just wary of thinking it’s easy to bring in someone for a fraction of what we sell Pickford for and for them to be reliable. Chelsea have spent a packet on two keepers and neither are particularly reliable. It’s bloody hard to find one, and right now we’ve got one.

Hes young and tall and getting good write ups, I doubt either of us have watched him play tho.

Which? Ive seen Mamardashvili a few times in la liga (and many highlights)+ Verbruggen in conf league.

One looks he could become special and the other looks like what Donnarumma was meant to become.

Completely. Bazunu and Meslier have bags of potential but it’s the one position where potential don’t butter no parsnips. I’m just wary of thinking it’s easy to bring in someone for a fraction of what we sell Pickford for and for them to be reliable. Chelsea have spent a packet on two keepers and neither are particularly reliable. It’s bloody hard to find one, and right now we’ve got one.

I dont think Sean Dyche butters his parsnips.

Well then its safe to say they wont be coming here then.

Weve also said the same about a few players down the years.

At the end of the day, Valencia need money and Anderlecht arent going to hold onto players.

If a deal is available for Pickford and we moved quickly anything is possible.

When did Thelwell make our first signing last season?

Weve also said the same about a few players down the years.

At the end of the day, Valencia need money and Anderlecht arent going to hold onto players.

If a deal is available for Pickford and we moved quickly anything is possible.

When did Thelwell make our first signing last season?
Penis nose is scouting Wolves still.